Sony walkman Tips and Tricks
Nov 16, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #46 of 143
PLAYLISTS NOT SHOWING IN THE WALKMAN (OR SSHOWING EMPTY)​
 ​
Simply when creating a playlist in your music management software check the format is m3u, m3u8, XML (iTunes) the most common and widely supported

if the don't show songs then:

• Go to your walkman directory (or microSD) open the playlist with notePad or other text editor
  •  in the menu choose EDIT > Replace...

3. in the find what value insert the drive letter for example D:\ drive or E:\  (only put E: or D:) for example in E:\music\Antonio Vivaldi\<Album x>\<track 001>.flac just type E:
4. in the replace with insert two dots .. instead of the drive letter and click replace all so it changes to ..\MUSIC\Antonio Vivaldi\<album x>\<track 001>.flac

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #47 of 143
 ​

TAKING A SCREENSHOT FROM YOUR WALKMAN NOW PLAYINGSCREEN (ONLY FOR WM1A/Z)​
 ​
Simple as 1-2-3... Press these buttons in the sequence VOL. + --> VOL. -  --> POWER (long press, ca. 3 to 4 seconds).

Note> for best results screen must be ON just make sure to prevent the shutdown popup from photobombing your UI shot

EDIT: Pics are stored in the drive WALKMAN in the very Root level

Jan 6, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #48 of 143

​

​
Simple as 1-2-3... Press these buttons in the sequence VOL. + --> VOL. -  --> POWER (long press, ca. 3 to 4 seconds).

Note> for best results screen must be off to prevent the shutdown popup from photobombing your UI shot

Where is the screenshort image stored on the player?

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #49 of 143

​

​

Note> for best results screen must be off to prevent the shutdown popup from photobombing your UI shot

Where is the screenshort image stored on the player?

in WALKMAN at root level

Jan 12, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #51 of 143
Most of my .dsf are showing Unknown in the walkman..
Funny is they also appeared normal in my JR centre and and also foobar2000.

So began my basic troubleshooting...
when I use Media Go to point to my library, same as my JR centre..
all the .dsf in folder tab is blank..
and when I started to tag them with Media Go..
I get this error "Error while writing metadata to ...."
So i removed all the tag and re-build it with Mp3tag and Media Go still see it as Unknown.
Tagged again with Media Go... and when saving, same error  "Error while writing metadata to ...." appeared again.

Although, after tagging with Media Go the album cover appeared with all properties.
Using the tool function to re-scan the files and everything is back to unknown..
Transfer the album using Media Go and album still appeared as "Unknown"

The above was tested with only 1 album.

anyone had idea to resolve this..
Ps all my collection tagging had been done with Mp3tag since day1

Jan 12, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #52 of 143

Quote:
  Most of my .dsf are showing Unknown in the walkman..
Funny is they also appeared normal in my JR centre and and also foobar2000.

So began my basic troubleshooting...
when I use Media Go to point to my library, same as my JR centre..
all the .dsf in folder tab is blank..
and when I started to tag them with Media Go..
I get this error "Error while writing metadata to ...."
So i removed all the tag and re-build it with Mp3tag and Media Go still see it as Unknown.
Tagged again with Media Go... and when saving, same error  "Error while writing metadata to ...." appeared again.

Although, after tagging with Media Go the album cover appeared with all properties.
Using the tool function to re-scan the files and everything is back to unknown..
Transfer the album using Media Go and album still appeared as "Unknown"

The above was tested with only 1 album.

anyone had idea to resolve this..
Ps all my collection tagging had been done with Mp3tag since day1

​Thta is so odd as all my collection is also tagged with MP3tag.. one thing it can be is that you have APE Tags

Go to tools > Options >Tagging

Jan 12, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #54 of 143
  what do you want me to check?
I am not sure abt this APE tag/

​Try disabling the writing of APE  tags and remove the tags from the DSDs and put them back the tags on the DSDs with the Write of ape tags disabled. Trust me it happened to me too and saw that and removed them on my flac files and now they work as they should

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #56 of 143
Those files that was previuosly arranged under "unknown" had been rectified after removal of the APE tag.
However, somefiles still without album art.
Might try to clear all the properties and retag again to see if this help.

On the Media Go interface, all album art appeared as normal...
It gonna be tedius if need to redo all these tagging... sigh..

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #58 of 143
i had tested it by tagging those problematic (album art not showing) with an particular non problematic image.
So what u mentioned is 100% correct.. those albums previously not showing the image are now appearing with the images that i just tagged.

Now how to convert this so called progressive image to basline (jpeg).. i dont have any photoshop... 
only software called Gimp 2 that i use for image edit...

Any better ways to convert these jpeg??
Googling and found a free software to try but the explanation are too technical for me..
continue googling.................

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #59 of 143
  i had tested it by tagging those problematic (album art not showing) with an particular non problematic image.
So what u mentioned is 100% correct.. those albums previously not showing the image are now appearing with the images that i just tagged.

Now how to convert this so called progressive image to basline (jpeg).. i dont have any photoshop... 
only software called Gimp 2 that i use for image edit...

Any better ways to convert these jpeg??
Googling and found a free software to try but the explanation are too technical for me..
continue googling.................

I only have Photoshop so no luck i tried Paint but Paint doesnt solve the problem

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #60 of 143
I found this software and it works convert the image... but i still not very familiar navigating the software.
Its call IrfranView and need a plug-in to works with it.
Tested 3 images and all 3 works..
http://kb.tourwriter.com/converting-jpeg-images-using-irfanview

Sony shld take a look at the Media Go app.. 
the Media Go shld be able to format a microSD card and images that are progressive shld not appear in Media Go interface.
better still if provide a firmware upgrade to rectify this..
It gonna be a header when some album arts are not showing up...(for me, esp those foreign language albums which i can only recognise by their album art)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back