Sony walkman Tips and Tricks
Jun 7, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #31 of 143
This is all very useful, thanks. Side note, I accidentally held play today instead of power off to shut the player off and discovered the play button being held down automatically adds the current track to a bookmark playlist.

Jun 7, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #32 of 143
  This is all very useful, thanks. Side note, I accidentally held play today instead of power off to shut the player off and discovered the play button being held down automatically adds the current track to a bookmark playlist.

haha me too, I because i still have the fiio way of turning it off
biggrin.gif
, tor emove from bookmark play list you go back to music meny and select bookmarks > the playlist # and option > clear bookmark or enter the bookmark and delete a single song

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #33 of 143
Oct 15, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #34 of 143
Question:  Is it possible to transfer the OS from my old Sony Walkman (NWZ E354)  To my current one (NWZ E385)?   I Continually have 'freezes' and total 'crashes' with the current one and have never had any problems with the old one.

Thanks in advance -- OG

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #35 of 143
  Question:  Is it possible to transfer the OS from my old Sony Walkman (NWZ E354)  To my current one (NWZ E385)?   I Continually have 'freezes' and total 'crashes' with the current one and have never had any problems with the old one.

Thanks in advance -- OG

No you can't, sony firmware updater will throw an exception (error) I've tried it with EU vs american FW and throws error too... maybe try resetting it, formatting the memory and last resource try reflashing (reinstalling firmware)

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #36 of 143
gerelmx :
                 Thank you for the quick response, I wasn't sure if I was too late as the last post was a few weeks ago....

and..... Bummer!! I was hoping I could transfer the OS 
triportsad.gif

OG

Oct 18, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #37 of 143
IF YOU HAVE TWO ALBUMS (OR MORE) WITH SAME NAMES AND END BEING TRANFERRED AS ONE SINGLE HUGE ALBUM TO YOUR WALKMAN WITH VARIOUS ARTITS ON IT AND SINGLE COVER PIC
 ​
 ​
Theres a small quirk present since day one of sony's classic UI, really don't rmeember fiio x3 but as far i remember iPod separated those albums by artist not by name

Well have a problem i have some albums with same name.. most recent Grands Motets (one is Rameau and the other is Mondonville)(one is interpeted by Les arts florissants, willian Christie and the other by La chapelle Royale & Philippe Herrewege) it puts it on a single album Grands Motets LOL

Same for JC bach symphonies Discs from 1 to 6 and mozart symphonies discs 1 to 6 of 12  and Liszt Waltzes with chopin waltzes.... fortunately symphonies of Mozarta dn JC bach are loaded in different ocassions...

Just a small quirck but i know there artist View and folder view (tough Mediago Loads folders with the artist \ album scheme) I'm thinking going with MusicBee which is free, is highly customizable program and you can customize transfer to the walkman such as MUSIC\<Composer>\<Album>\<track> - <Title>

I Tranferred those albums walkman to walkman e.g from A10 to ZX100... If have had doen ti with mediaGo the Grands motets would have One cover set on the walkman database and would INJECT varios Artistas (spanish mediaGo)... really annoying

FIXED AS SIMPLY AS ALBUM RENAME
 ​

All problematic albums with same names on them before the renaming, single albums is easy on MP3TAG go to album field and rename it, click save icon and voila!, let mediago do its works splitting to different album

Edit on mp3tag or other tag program that read flac, delete the old album that has the same cover as the renamed one and reimport it, if media go refuses to do so (my case) go to users>AppData>Roaming>a folder with sony on it> Mediago and Delte the mediaGo folder

For multiple Compilations open the folders you wanna rename and click right mouse button >MP3TAG

in MP3TAG select ALL the files, go to Actions (quick) button, select Replace function... in the dialog in the Field Type-in ALBUM, in the the Original type in the original album title PORTION YOU WANT TO REPLACE my case the original was Symphonies Cd 1... Symphonies CD 5 i just want to replace symphonies part, leaving alone the CD xxx part

In the replace with put new album title you wanna replace with my case J.C. Bach: Symphonies

Results in media Go separated albums 
biggrin.gif
, as you see in the right pic it only modified Symphonies to JC Bach: Symphonies leaving intact the CD XYZ part

Cehck for more mixed albums under VARIOUS ARTISTS

if mediago refuses to update the old labums when you separate them, wipe the library on the Roaming folder (hidden under users appData) and readd your Hard drive

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #41 of 143
IF YOU HAVE CLASSICAL MUSIC BUT YOU KNOW YOUR WALKMAN WON'T SHOW A COMPOSER VIEW, DESPITE YOU CNA SERACH BY COMPOSER IN MEDIA-GO.... SOLUTION: CREATE COMPOSER-PLAYLISTS, PROBLEM SOLVED, NOW YOU HAVE COMPOSER VIEW.
 ​
 ​
1: Open Media-Go or your favorite media (music) manager and go to your album/song/artistgenre view
2. Choose your albums, songs, etc and choose Create playlist or add to new plaList, media-go, right click, add to New Play-list or select an already-existing playlist and select that playlist to add the songs into.
3. Order your songs your way, perfect for this pesky sort of sonatas CD1..CD 10... CD 11, reorder to CD1 CD2 .... CD 9, CD 10 CD 11 etc
4. Under your music software choose export playlist, in Media-go playlists List select the desired playlists and select export.
5. choose m3u8 (UTF8) for best compatibility for "weird characters" f.e ü,ä,ö, the german ß
6. backup your playlists

Sep 8, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #42 of 143

CLASSICAL MUSIC LOVERS PET PEEVE.. NO COMPOSER VIEW IN WALKMANS
mad.gif
 (iPods do this)
 ​
 ​
1. Search for your composer's names in MediaGo or any other music management software and select Add to playlist (sorry for the spanish menu, my VAIO was bought in Mexico so it has spanish windows 8.1)

2. Name your playlist as the composer you sought in my case Jaques Champion de Chambonnieres ( for the curious who is Chambonnieres: French Harpsichord school composer) and click OK

3. Search ypur playlists under playlists or so

4.OPTIONAL STEP: Rearrange song order

5.Connect your walkman and select the add to playlist > your walkman device, my case NWZ-A17

6. wait until finishes and dissconnect

In your walkman in MUSIC > PLAYLISTS

OPTION #2

if you have your folders with the composers names (in windows explorer, finder for mac os x) then just drag n drop them to your MUSIC folder in your walkman and use the Folder Browse feature

​

This will be an OVERKILL in new walkmas starting in october 2016 as these new walkmans suchs as NW-A30, NW-WM1 series will have composer serach

Oct 23, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #43 of 143
NEW WALKMAN OS (WM1A, WM1Z, A30 SERIES)
 ​
This thread will also contain useful information about the new OS be it tips or hiccups workarrounds :) so i will try to make this thread a single one so bot OLD and NEW OS coexists because many things in this thread started by me have common to both OS such a playlist creation, converting formats

Oct 23, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #44 of 143
ACCESSORYJACK USEFUL INFORMATION
 ​
 ​
Some like me, Know the online retailer "AccessoryJack Ltd" http://www.accessoryjack.com

I have had the opportunity to buy some stuff from here name my ZX100 and XBA-Z5, so i will give you some useful tips as prices are near 30% cheaper (for sony stuff)

1. Cechk the currencies offered there (located at the top right) and compare Exchange rates with your local currency and set the most cheap to pay with that
2. If paying with credit or debit card but the payment gets rejected, then, use PAYPAL as payment option, Works flawlessly
3. I had the bad luck of needing warranty, FORTUNATELY very easy to contact them and Speedy service (at least with sony products) FIRST CONTACT AccessoryJack support

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #45 of 143
  Hope is useful i foundMP3TAG to be the best software for editing tags, you can also batch edit your files and replace certain parts of the tittle and so on

I agree, have been using it for quite some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back