Sony Walkman NWZ-X1000 (UK out NOW, US version out mid-June)
Mar 26, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #182 of 422
So...

I just got an S-series this year, and Sony comes out with their most epic player to date?

Damn.

If I'm broke, how long do you think I should wait before upgrading?

Mar 26, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #184 of 422
This thing's interesting enough that a procedure similar to that of the iMod may be worth it.

WalkMod, anyone?

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #185 of 422
'Walkmod', brilliant!....
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #186 of 422
Theoretically, how would that work with the S-master amp? Sorry this is one area where I have no knowledge of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I'm broke, how long do you think I should wait before upgrading?

lol, same sentiment here.

Mar 27, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #189 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if the web browser will support java

Don't know. Do know that it doesn't support flash and i'm a bit disappointed by that. The device uses Netfront browser, which supports flash on quite a few devices in the market right now.

Mar 27, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #190 of 422
Yep.

The PSP version also supports JavaScript and Flash out of the box.

Sony Mylo's NetFront 3.4 has Flash Lite support built-in.

NetFront on Windows Mobile support JV-Lite 2 through plug-in.

Hopefully Sony will see the way and allow flash/java to run out of the box.

Mar 27, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #191 of 422
I dont think an IMOD would be possible for this product. [plus it all depends how much components are in the signal path, whether it would be worth while. is the sony effects and DSP package pre-dac, in the DAC or post-dac?? if its post dac then youde be in trouble either way and would rid yourself of whet seems to be the strengths of the sony product which IMO seems to be all about the effects. tell me if i'm wrong here?? most people seem to say the sony's are a little flat with the effects off

Mar 27, 2009 at 11:55 AM Post #192 of 422
Quote:

most people seem to say the sony's are a little flat with the effects off

Really? I do not agree nor did I ever saw that here about Sony, it is a criticism often associated with the Cowon D2 though.
I use my Sony A808 flat with Sen IE8 and think this is the way it sounds best. For more problematic IEMs, BA-types, I apply a slight EQ.

Mar 27, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #194 of 422
well if youtube videos are supported then some sort of flash format will be supported, but perhaps the reason for the delay of the player could be one or a combination of the following:

-limited flash memory available in 16 and 32 gig in 1 chip
-sony working out all of the problems and bugs
-sony is reading up on forums and websites to gauge interest and responses and will modify the player as such, which might explain the varying rumours and discrepencies when it comes to the specs
-they're sony
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #195 of 422
Ha ha, then all they need to do is read this thread!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back