Sony Walkman NWZ-X1000 (UK out NOW, US version out mid-June)
Jan 23, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #151 of 422
I do not think anyone really knows what the battery life truly is. The product won't hit shops until a couple of months and I am sure Sony engineers are still working on it.

Regardless battery life does depends on plenty of variables, including the EQ setting, bitrate, noise cancelling etc. Sony usually advertise the battery life based on playing back 128kbps MP3 files.

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #152 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miklos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is improbable. The biggest power drain in mp3 players with a decent screen is the screen. OLED screens need (much) less power than LCD screens, so I would expect a (much) longer battery life.

Unless the new amp requires much more power? But that is not probable

True, class D amp requires less power than A or A/B

Jan 23, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #154 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it true this player has some sort of built in amp that is capable of driving high impedance headphones?

No a digital amp "class D" is a more energy efficient amp than the usual type amps. They also can bring greater detail out, and less noise if designed properly (iqube). The sony RH1 mini disc has one of sony's "high end" digital amps and does sound fantastic. So my hopes are high with this player. Most digital amps in small portable music devices are not that impressive. I really liked the sharp AUVI amps, and the RH1, but most (kenwood md) and most sony md digital amps were nothing special. I guess they're not as easy to work with as traditional amps are, digital filters and what not.

Jan 23, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #155 of 422
The product is done, the probably only problems or testing now is firmware on the device for everything to run smoothly and not jerky.

Does anyone know how much less power percentage wise does an OLED screen use vs a LCD screen of the same size?

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #156 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seemed to have read somewhere that battery life is a poor 15 hours on audio; that would be a dealbreaker in my eyes; especially if that would mean 10 hrs in real life and half of that within 2 years.
Can anyone confirm, or better, deny?

I'm pretty sure that was just a misinterpretation of the press release, which only gave battery life stats for the wearable W-series (12 hours).

Any new info on this player?

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #158 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmike34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure that was just a misinterpretation of the press release, which only gave battery life stats for the wearable W-series (12 hours).

I sure hope so. I was thinking that to go from about 30 hours for audio on the 829 to the supposed 12 hours music on this new X1000 would not make any sense, and something about that disparity just doesn't seem right. If you were to have wifi and noise cancelling off, and since the OLED screen is supposed to be very efficient, I'd hope that would mean the battery life would be in the same league as the 30 hour rating of the 829.

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #159 of 422
Very bad news: The new player also offers a quick charge feature which allows the device to play back up to 90 minutes of music with only a three-minute charge and up to 12 hours of music with a full charge

read it here: Sony Electronics News and Information

So, very short batterylife...

Edit: as is pointed out below by Walkingman, I misread. Pfff, in happy anticipation again.

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #160 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very bad news: The new player also offers a quick charge feature which allows the device to play back up to 90 minutes of music with only a three-minute charge and up to 12 hours of music with a full charge

read it here: Sony Electronics News and Information

So, very short batterylife...

The quote you provided relates to the W-series and not the X-series DAP. 12 hours playback on the W-series is pretty darn impressive.

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #161 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The quote you provided relates to the W-series and not the X-series DAP. 12 hours playback on the W-series is pretty darn impressive.

Yes we been down this road before
biggrin.gif
, we don't know yet, sony hasn't announced the battery life yet. But.... I can guarantee it will be more than 12 hours. My guess is around the 40 hr mark.
wink_face.gif
As much as I love the New S series, I really want this dap. I just hope the WI-FI/browser will be better implemented then the PSP. I know it will sound good and the screen will be FAB. C'mon spring!

Jan 28, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #162 of 422
Thank the Gods, what a relief, you people are right!

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #164 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by fromthelane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got bored waiting for this and bought an ipod touch
frown.gif

Okay.

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #165 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by fromthelane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got bored waiting for this and bought an ipod touch
frown.gif

Congrats. ipod touch is also a good buy. but i'm sure u'll still be curious about this X-1000 player like me
wink.gif

I know i'm gonna have both...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back