Sony Walkman NWZ-X1000 (UK out NOW, US version out mid-June)
Feb 2, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #166 of 422
Like others, i want to hear about the quality of the web browsing experience and a solid price point. I still think its a really bad move waiting until summer to release this player. With new Zunes coming in the fall, I'm almost forced to wait until november to see if MS one ups this player.

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #167 of 422
Ugh, it has the same ugly marble colored plastic as the HD600s.

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #168 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh, it has the same ugly marble colored plastic as the HD600s.

Close up, it looks like someone with a bad case of dandruff shook their head all over it
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 3, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #169 of 422
Yeah it kinda does
biggrin.gif
, but hopefully all can be forgiven if it sounds as awesome as is hinted at by that nifty internal amplifier!
ksc75smile.gif
In that case, I'll take dandruff all over the screen. HA HA HA!!!!

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #174 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, linear PCM = WAV, so it was listed. IT WAS LISTED. Am I missing anything to your logic or point?

mate, you troll every thread. the argument you are placing forward is silly. the person whom you are attacking said nothing at all that deserved to be pointed out as illogical or pointless.

japanese versions will have gapless! but be much more expensive. much more. and... why need ogg when there is mp3 and aac? i don't get you george.

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #175 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miklos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is improbable. The biggest power drain in mp3 players with a decent screen is the screen. OLED screens need (much) less power than LCD screens, so I would expect a (much) longer battery life.

Unless the new amp requires much more power? But that is not probable

digital amps key selling power (well marketing hype aside that will tell you it sounds better - when it will serve up placebo) is that they require much less power, are cheaper and with less output power, power speakers or headphones very loudly and full.

i have used digital amps since 2002. they have many good points but many many drawbacks.

Feb 6, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #176 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
digital amps key selling power (well marketing hype aside that will tell you it sounds better - when it will serve up placebo) is that they require much less power, are cheaper and with less output power, power speakers or headphones very loudly and full.

i have used digital amps since 2002. they have many good points but many many drawbacks.

They have also improved much from 2002
biggrin.gif
Iqube is the best portable amp I have heard and it's a class d. alos the sony rh1 minidisc uses a newer sony digital amp and sounds amazing. I have high hopes for the x1000

Feb 6, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #178 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by fromthelane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From the UK sony style store:

Walkman® MP3 Player X and W Series : Sony

Almost looks like there is no marble finish on it.

The front never had a marble finish on it, only the rest of the body...

Mar 26, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #180 of 422

Users who are viewing this thread

Back