Sony Walkman NWZ-X1000 (UK out NOW, US version out mid-June)
Jan 3, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #76 of 422
When's CES?

Anyway it not being on their CES page doesn't mean it isn't the pipeline. Their Picturebook revival isn't on the CES site as well. Also not on FCC's public site does not mean a product has not been submitted for approval.

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #78 of 422
sony-walkman-nwx-x1000-1.jpg

Wow. I am really digging the design. It has both touchscreen and dedicated buttons (volume, play, skip, back) assuring the best of both world. It also has a nice 3" OLED screen. Other features includes WiFi, Noise cancellation (independent of the headphone) and will be available in 16GB and 32GB flavours.

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #79 of 422
Gah, wish they'd have upped the capacity even more. Ah well, it's 32GB and it's a Sony, I'm good as sold.

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #80 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sony-walkman-nwx-x1000-1.jpg

Wow. I am really digging the design. It has both touchscreen and dedicated buttons (volume, play, skip, back) assuring the best of both world. It also has a nice 3" OLED screen. Other features includes WiFi, Noise cancellation (independent of the headphone) and will be available in 16GB and 32GB flavours.

Nice! where did you find the info? Except the edge looks weird, mottled.

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #82 of 422
Quote:

Engadget has it.

No pricing, availability info yet.

The design reminds me of the Clie TH55.

Thanks walkingman, I wonder if the other colors have the same mottled design on the edges. If it is good amp like RH1 it should sound amazing also. Looks small too, should be a good product. Also, nice they put the headphone jack on top.

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #84 of 422
Looks good and will sound good. Too bad the new Touch will come in at 64GB which is where I want to go.

May still grab it if I can see it at a Sony store. Like I really need another DAP.

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #85 of 422
Oh my goodness, it's so sweet. I'm in love!
302.gif
641.gif
050.gif

Now I just have to stress about whether Sony decides the UK is 'worthy' of a 32GB model. Their strange allocation process confuses the hell out of me, but no matter - one way or another, I'm getting the Zeddex!!!

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #87 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, nice they put the headphone jack on top.

I prefer the headphone jack on the bottom as I tend to put my Walkman in my jeans pocket, but in this case I think the placement is brilliant. With the controls on the top next to the headphone jack, one doesn't even need to pull the whole Walkman out to change tracks. A simple and yet effective design cue.

Also using the headphone jack as a scale, this is barely thicker than the S639! With the dedicated buttons, this may just be my first touchscreen DAP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my goodness, it's so sweet. I'm in love!
302.gif
641.gif
050.gif

Now I just have to stress about whether Sony decides the UK is 'worthy' of a 32GB model. Their strange allocation process confuses the hell out of me, but no matter - one way or another, I'm getting the Zeddex!!!

Well Sony does seem to think the UK is worthy of getting the 16GB S639, at a far cheaper price than it is in the US...

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #88 of 422
Quote:

I prefer the headphone jack on the bottom as I tend to put my Walkman in my jeans pocket, but in this case I think the placement is brilliant. With the controls on the top next to the headphone jack, one doesn't even need to pull the whole Walkman out to change tracks. A simple and yet effective design cue.

Also using the headphone jack as a scale, this is barely thicker than the S639! With the dedicated buttons, this may just be my first touchscreen DAP.

Well Sony does seem to think the UK is worthy of getting the 16GB S639, at a far cheaper price than it is in the US...

The way Sony treats the U.S. mp3 market, I would wager you guys will get the 32 gig first. Good thing there are places like Advmp3 that will ship here. I just hope sony releases the 16 and 32 gig at the same time.

Jan 7, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #89 of 422
Quote:

Engadget has it.

You mean they have an actual working version of the player?

Jan 7, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #90 of 422
Looks good! One thing I'd like to see on the x1000 is a stereo widening function like what they have on their sony ericsson walkman mobile phones.

Art

Users who are viewing this thread

Back