Sony Walkman NWZ-X1000 (UK out NOW, US version out mid-June)
Jan 7, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #91 of 422
Looks awesome, but I think the luster of touch-screen DAPs is starting to wear off on me. Here's to hoping they actually use the wifi for something useful, like wireless podcast updates or something.

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #93 of 422
Wow, it looks great indeed on that video!
Soozieq, today I thought dearly of you; even before your telling us your gonna get one I knew you would, and that's great because I find your impressions recognizable and therefore very helpful in helping me to decide to get one or pass.

Jan 8, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #96 of 422
Wow! It looks impressive. I want to get one, but chances are Sony won't bother with Mac OSX support. If they include some sort of media manager for OSX, I will sell my ipod classic and get this.

Jan 8, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #98 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soozieq, today I thought dearly of you;
even before your telling us your gonna get one I knew you would

Ha ha, I knew that you knew I would
icon10.gif

Now that I've seen it's 'real', I can't wait to get my hands on it. I like the fact it's smaller than the iPod Touch, and I love the UI, it's gorgeous. I have a really good feeling that this is going to be the best sounding Sony dap to date. Now I'd just like some idea of the price. I imagine it's going to be around the same as the iPod Touch 2G 32GB, around £260 in the UK. I really hope we get the 32GB version.

Jan 8, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #99 of 422
Nice! Confirmed and looking splendid! One to keep a firm eye on for me (along with the P3 rom Samsung).

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #100 of 422
I'm kinda disappointed! The OLED screen should be nice, but for the most part it's ANOTHER touchscreen DAP, whooopie!
frown.gif
I was kind of hoping for a "souped up" next gen PSP with superb audio capabilities...

oh well, this CES is a bust!

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #101 of 422
There had to be a catch with this walkman, releasing a new product with touchscreen, digital amp, and noise cancelling can't come without strings attached. And this is the case, it will be available in early summer according to sony, and this for me is a massive fail attempt by sony. I was hoping to pick one up this spring, but if sony screwing around with such foolish release dates, they might as well not even announce these things at all this early.

more photos here for those interested

http://news.sel.sony.com/en/image_li...alkman_players

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #102 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lets hope for gapless playback with mp3s.

Yes, lets. And robust on-the-fly playlisting capabilities (à la the Rio/Vibez/Rockboxed players) -- How limited is playlisting on Sony's current line?

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #103 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, lets. And robust on-the-fly playlisting capabilities (à la the Rio/Vibez/Rockboxed players) -- How limited is playlisting on Sony' current line?

Very limited! When they dropped Atrac/SS outside of Japan, the new models didn't have gapless, on-the-fly playlists, ratings, or deletion directly from the player etc etc. I still have my A808 which has all those features, but it would be nice if the new model included some of them. I used to love adding songs to playlists on the move, and I'm one of those who can't predict what I want to listen to in advance, I like to do it on the spot!

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #104 of 422
Having the pause, forward, back buttons on top REALLY bothers me. IMO it would've been much better to include those buttons on either the left or right side. Placing buttons on the top and bottom of a vertically designed DAP is just sort of awkward, not to mention it looks terrible.

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #105 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascariss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There had to be a catch with this walkman, and this is the case,
[size=small]it will be available in early summer according to sony[/size], and this for me is a massive fail attempt by sony.

Oh crap!! Summer?? I thought maybe February or March at the latest
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back