Sony Walkman NWZ-X1000 (UK out NOW, US version out mid-June)
May 13, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #406 of 422
beeman;5680456 said:
Quote:

What youtube music videos are restricted? And of course you can use any headphones with the x-1000 series
L3000.gif

here you go - read all about it
BBC NEWS | Technology | YouTube stands by UK video block

If you don't believe me about slacker please try and use it (if you live in the UK). You will not be able to. Changing your Firmware will NOT affect the fact that your Brittish IP address will prevent you from accessing slacker.

Many people will buy this player because Sony has conviniantly hidden the fact that noise cancellation will not work with other headphones. They have advertised this player as the "First of kind". This is false advertising and it is important that consumers know that they are being duped. BECAUSE IF you buy this for in built noise cancellation THEN you are tied to the stock earbuds.

I live in the US
atsmile.gif
and yes I know all about the noise canceling, I had an s738. My iems cancel noise on their own. I just know this thing will kick ass! Oh, and I don't give a rats a** about youtubes "premium" videos anyways- thats not what makes youtube so cool, I want to see people jamming and making fools of themselves
smily_headphones1.gif
LOL

May 13, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #407 of 422
@Beeman: Lol. Who are those "many people buy this for noise cancellation"? Here an advice for them: buy the S730. It's cheaper and has more battery life.

And for those who buy it for noise cancellation, I suspect that Ibud is good enough for them. Why bother upgrading? The "stock" Sony IEM >>>>> IBud. And since when did Sony say noise cancellation works with other phones. If people are familiar with Sony, they should know this.

May 13, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #408 of 422
beeman;5680456 said:
Quote:

Many people will buy this player because Sony has conviniantly hidden the fact that noise cancellation will not work with other headphones. They have advertised this player as the "First of kind". This is false advertising and it is important that consumers know that they are being duped. BECAUSE IF you buy this for in built noise cancellation THEN you are tied to the stock earbuds.

Anyone who is buying this player solely for its noise cancellation feature is probably not going to be one to be bothered with being tethered to a specific pair of headphones.

May 13, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #409 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUNDinterpreter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Sony’s X-series Walkman® is the industry’s first* VIDEO MP3 player to offer integrated digital noise canceling technology."
wink.gif

Oh yeah, it's the 'VIDEO' part that makes it a 'first'. I knew I read it was the first at something
smile_phones.gif

May 13, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #410 of 422
Don't know if somebody brought this up yet...
Slacker and YouTube infiltrate Sony X-Series Walkman | MP3 Insider - CNET Reviews

Quote:

here's integrated noise canceling (built to work with the included MDR-NC020 EX headphones); an onboard FM tuner; a five-band EQ including two custom settings and DSNe sound enhancement; and support for photos and slideshows

What's DSNe, and is it any good? Unless it's DSNe, which is Samsung's proprietary sound enhancement...

May 13, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #411 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by kirtar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's DSNe, and is it any good? Unless it's DSNe, which is Samsung's proprietary sound enhancement...

I think they meant DSEE.

Quote:

DSEE is a high-frequency completion technology developed by Sony that improves the quality of compressed audio and adds back in high frequencies that are often lost when audio is compressed. The resulting audio is closer to the original, more natural, and offers a wider sense of space.

May 13, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #413 of 422
I tried it on some low bitrate files and it does seem to improve the clarity a little bit. No difference on high bitrate files. If you have good rips don't bother using the enchancements like DSEE, Clear Stereo and Dynamic Normalizer. They decrease the battery somewhat.

May 14, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #416 of 422
Good find, tstarn

May 14, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #417 of 422
The main point for the DAPs.... SOUND!!!
smily_headphones1.gif
How it will sound with a better phones? Is the S-Master Digital Amp better than my iBasso D10 ?
smily_headphones1.gif
Not care much with other eye candies, because, I want to hear the sound with my ears, not with my eyes
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #418 of 422
It sounds good. Better than my S639/S739, and that was already impressive. Despite having a digital amp, it has that nice Sony warm none-digital sound. Clarity is an improvement over the S739, but it does suffer from a (very very) slight hiss.

May 14, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #419 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The main point for the DAPs.... SOUND!!!
smily_headphones1.gif
How it will sound with a better phones? Is the S-Master Digital Amp better than my iBasso D10 ?
smily_headphones1.gif
Not care much with other eye candies, because, I want to hear the sound with my ears, not with my eyes
smily_headphones1.gif

Not a chance.It's an integrated amplifier.In no way will it compare to a DAP paired up with a portable amp like the iBasso D10!PS.Only 5Watts+5Watts?

May 15, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #420 of 422
I have a Zune and the sound is good. What I like about the Zune is.... If i shuffle all songs and lets say Mariah Carey pops up and I say well I want to listen to her other albums. I can just press down on the center and the options is "Go to Artist" to get to the other albums without going in out menus. My question is to someone who has the x-series. What happens when you touch the artist or album link when a song is playing , will it give you their other albums or songs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back