Sony Vaio Pocket 40gb 249.99 straight
Jun 23, 2005 at 8:32 PM Post #91 of 137
just went down $10 in price to $239
eek.gif

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/...pno~499746.asp

Jun 23, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #92 of 137
Wow, I saw the quantity reach 0 when the price was at $250, and they come out with 100 more for $10 cheaper! I don't think I have any excuse for missing this one.

Jun 23, 2005 at 9:31 PM Post #93 of 137
I plan on picking the vaio pocket up along with the replacement plan, and the sony mdr ex 81lp ($30), but i was worried about volume. I lost my Sony cd player, and right now am on a panasonic sl-sw965v (doubt anyone has one) which is way too quiet for my tastes. My sony player was much louder, but distorted at higher volumes. How loud does the vaio pocket get, and does it distort at high volumes?

Jun 24, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #95 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kestrel
Ack.. The price jumped back up? D;

Yup, after the 2nd 100 sold.

Jun 24, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #96 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by rbf1138
My brother's Vaio will be arriving today, with my X5 on the way for Tuesday...I'll be able to do a full comparison if anyone would like when both have arrived. Unfortunately the only headphones we have are the ex71 and some new pair of Panasonics my brother ordered for 100 from J&R. I will however compare the screens, sq, battery life, etc. as best as I can.

please do and be as critical as you possibly can. wish you had better cans tho cause i'm really interested in the difference in sound quality.

concerns:
-is the max volume close to iRiver's? doubt it.
-how is Sony (any new HD model) with bass (on normal eq)? comparisons would be great.
-how do shure e5c's or westone um2's sound on one these?
-would i be able to fit one of these in my pocket? my iRiver H100 makes a bulge, but it doesn't bother me (although can be embaressing/amusing when people stare in that direction...)
-are you able to make playlists on the go? (sorry, might've missed this being already mentioned on the thread)
-is the touch pad really That fast for music browsing? compared to ipod's touch pad or iRiver's H1XX's joystick?
-how nice is the screen?
-line-out only on the dock which seems massive and not really portable

god damn it. threads like these are really tough to bare. i now want one just for that sake of having one...

Jun 24, 2005 at 12:50 PM Post #98 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeeaddict
I'm wondering about the loudness of the VGF-AP1 as well, and also the "pocketability" in comparison to other players.

It's barely bigger than an ipod photo. The metal area where the battery is stored does make it slightly bulkier, but it also makes a very nice handle. It reall looks very sleek and sexy in person, not as awkward as it can look in pictures. I briefly tested it out with my CD30000's this morning, and I do think it is less loud than my old 3G ipod. It plays plenty loud, it just doesn't hit that ear bleeding level that other players do.

Jun 24, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #101 of 137
Another question for you Vaio owners. The new firmware adds more
functionality such as a clock, but what about alarms?
clock.jpg

Does the Vaio play WMA files directly, without having to convert them to
ATRAC or MP3? The HD Series Sony players advertise to play WMA, does
the VAIO?

Oh yeah what is the rating on the AC power adapter for this thing?

Finally, we know that only the EQ works for the ATRAC tracks (these are the preset EQ settings?), but what about the treble, bass, and treble+bass boosts does it work on the MP3 encoded tracks?

The Sony Vaio could be had at Subtotal: $209.99 if you apply for their VISA
card. I tried to apply the 10% coupon on top of that, but the fine print for
the coupons say you cannot combine coupons.
frown.gif

Jun 24, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #103 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by sohc
why are they selling these so cheap?!

is it temporary? would it be wise to buy a bunch and sell them on ebay for more??

I think they are just trying to clear inventory on a player that turned out to be less popular than Sony would of liked. I can't see them available at these prices for more than a couple of months.

Jun 24, 2005 at 7:37 PM Post #104 of 137
Whatever the reason, I just bought one to replace my mrobe 100. Or augment it anyway. 40 gigs and the pic transfer thing (which I will use quite a bit when travelling) makes it worth it to me for the price. Now I wont´have to carry my photo vault and/ or buy more memory sticks.

Jun 24, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #105 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurenuff
You can now pick up a vaio pocket for $225 with the 10% off of an item up to $150 coupon at buy.com. The $15 coupon expires on the 26th however. $225 for a player of this quality and capacity is insane!

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...269&spf=1&sp=1

Sales tax in MA...
mad.gif

On another note, eCOST's price is back down to $239

Users who are viewing this thread

Back