Sony Vaio Pocket 40gb 249.99 straight
Jun 18, 2005 at 9:53 AM Post #32 of 137
Here is an excellent review with excellent pics
http://www.siliconpopculture.com/review/92_0_2_0_M/
It will answer all questions, then scroll down to the bottom of the page
and there is an "Update: 2004-12-21" to the original review.

I am still tempted, but I still would like my next mp3 player to play lossless
encoded files though, and support true USBOTG. Sony Vaio Pocket 40gb
OR iAudio X5L???? Hmmmmmm...
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2005 at 2:24 PM Post #35 of 137
Sony VAIO Pocket Digital Music Player Firmware Update
This utility updates the Sony VAIO Pocket Digital Music Player firmware to version 3.0.0.C171F and in conjunction with the SonicStage 2.3 and VAIO Music Transfer Update allows you to transfer and play MP3 files, without conversion, on the VAIO Pocket player.

Please visit www.sony.com/support/ to download the upgrade.

In addition, the update adds the following new features to the VAIO Pocket player:

• New LCD backlight brightness and auto-power off settings

• Gapless play between tracks

• Album and group play enhancements

• New included skins and the ability to copy add more

• Lyrics view

• Demo mode

• Ultra high-speed scrolling

• Various display enhancements

Jun 18, 2005 at 11:12 PM Post #39 of 137
Great Pics!!!! Sohc, It might have been reviewed already the Ipod and HD3.
But can you compare/contrast the sound from the Vaio Pocket with your Ipod?

Secondly, from the pics it seems like the Vaio has some sort of USB port on the bottom of the actual player. Is this port's only function to connect to the included Docking station? As the Vaio Pocket's manual says that the vaio must be in the dock to be able to transfer photos to the Vaio, Correct????

And finally, does the nice leather case come with the Vaio?

Thanks!

Jun 19, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #40 of 137
hah, sorry to confuse you. these are not my pics. i dont own either of these mp3 players but i am considering the vaio. though its starting to look a bit chunky. will i ever use 40gb of music?

no, im pretty sure the vaio comes with a case. thatd be too much to ask for $250!

Jun 19, 2005 at 12:25 AM Post #41 of 137
I saw them at Fry's for the $249 price. Touchpad works very well. But same Achilles heel as the iPod... no custom equalizer setting (or at least if there was I couldn't find it...)

Jun 19, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #42 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic
I saw them at Fry's for the $249 price. Touchpad works very well. But same Achilles heel as the iPod... no custom equalizer setting (or at least if there was I couldn't find it...)

Do you own it? I checked the vaio pocket website for the UK, and they claim 6 band EQ, although a review that was linked in this thread said only adjustment capable was bass and treble... maybe the new firmware offers the adjustable EQ?

Jun 19, 2005 at 5:36 AM Post #44 of 137
it looks somewhat chunky...

i heard something about some weird interface with those bumps on the side. how exactly do they work?

Jun 19, 2005 at 7:17 AM Post #45 of 137
i've played with one at sony's outlet here, the G-sense interface works like a laptop touchpad. the 25 dots corresponds to the screen. It feels weird initially, but it should be pretty intuitive.

Now this thing just needs to play videos and I'll run out and purchase it (it retails for around 363 USD where I am but...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back