Sony Vaio Pocket 40gb 249.99 straight
Jun 15, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #16 of 137
I really wish I could find a store aroud here that sells the Vaio Pocket...

(I'm curious, because I've heard plenty of positive things about the G-Sense navigation, but why hasn't Sony implemented it in their other MP3 players...)

Jun 15, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #17 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by EpicZero
I really wish I could find a store aroud here that sells the Vaio Pocket...

(I'm curious, because I've heard plenty of positive things about the G-Sense navigation, but why hasn't Sony implemented it in their other MP3 players...)

It was made by the Sony Computer devision, and that's why it's not in their Electronics devision's players...

Jun 17, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #19 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
lol, freak out much?

_shrug_ i had not heard anything about the Vaio Pocket model supporting native MP3 playback.

I think in my mini-review at your site in the forum it was mentioned. Here is the thread: http://dapreview.net/forum_viewtopic.php?21.6423. Posted it back in January.

At $250 - $300 it's a steal. I paid $449 in January.

SonicStage 3.1 is a VAST improvement over 2.3.

I had a Karma (RIP), still have the iAudio M3 40GB I need to sell, and the Vaio Pocket. The VP is the best DAP I've used. Easy UI, great screen, gapless, etc.

Jun 17, 2005 at 5:27 PM Post #20 of 137
And for the record, it's not big. A bit bigger than the M3, but we're not talking Hummer to Beetle here.

You can avoid SonicStage (if you don't want album art) if you have all of your music encoded, say, in MP3 and just want to transfer it directly. Sony has a utility that ships and does work with MP3.

Jun 17, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #21 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by FenderP
And for the record, it's not big. A bit bigger than the M3, but we're not talking Hummer to Beetle here.

You can avoid SonicStage (if you don't want album art) if you have all of your music encoded, say, in MP3 and just want to transfer it directly. Sony has a utility that ships and does work with MP3.

I ordered one, couldn't resist!!
rolleyes.gif
I heard that this one can be used as a usb external hdd without installing any special software, is that true? thx

Jun 17, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #22 of 137
It can be used as external HDD without special software.

MP3's/ATRACs on the device don't appear on the device in native form however, so you can't transfer music directly on or off the device if you put it there with SonicStage.

Jun 18, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #24 of 137
does it sound clearer than any of the HD-x?

Jun 18, 2005 at 3:31 AM Post #25 of 137
new guy here. Ive been bit by the DAP bug today, Iv've been researching for hours. yay

why the hell wouldnt we jump on this deal? its UNBELIEVABLE!

i dont kno anything about this vaio handheld, but 40gigs for $250??? plus color screen? its a no-brainer isnt it?

why the hell is this selling so cheap, why are they discontinuing it? i was really considering an hd3 before this. but for $10 more i can get twice the space!

also- that link to review says theres no screen!!?! i see a screen there. anyone have any hi-res pics?

Jun 18, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #27 of 137
thanks, good info. nice external hd feature and drag drop. i guess its just the size that is the real issue. twice the storage of hd3.. maybe an inch bigger? hmmmm. damnit!

Jun 18, 2005 at 6:38 AM Post #30 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by sohc
thanks, good info. nice external hd feature and drag drop. i guess its just the size that is the real issue. twice the storage of hd3.. maybe an inch bigger? hmmmm. damnit!

Drag and drop is relative - you can't drag music unless you're doing the Vaio Pocket Transfer. As an external HD, sure.

You can also use it for photos, but I haven't used it for that feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back