Sony V6 DT250 Mod - Should I do it?
May 1, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #16 of 18
Get the beyer pads or pearstone pads. I don't like the plether so i switched to the velour pads. Personally this is the best "mod" I've done to these cans. They rest on my head and im just in music bliss.
biggrin.gif

Pearstone_9081860_Deluxe_Earpads_Pair

or

Beyerdynamic_942704_Padded_Earcushions_for_DT250_D T280.html

BH sells the cans with the new pads for a little more as a bundle. This surprised me but showed me that its a slightly "popular" upgrade. After applying the upgrade myself though I must admit, I don't think I can ever live with plether again. I'll always look for pad replacements of this material again.

Jun 5, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #17 of 18
Hmm, well I'm not sure about this mod anymore; I was going to wait for these pads to flake before I bought the new ones but I don't know how much longer these headphones are going to last. Maybe it's because I've been using them almost 24/7 but if I move the cable to a certain angle the sound starts to fade or crackle in the left ear cup. It's not too much of a problem at the moment because the angle of the wire has to be in a very precise position for this to happen but I'm guessing with time that the problem will progress. It's pretty disappointing though :/

Jul 29, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #18 of 18
I highly recommend getting the DT250 velour pads. I just replaced mine on my MDR-V6's and they are SO much more comfortable it is amazing. The stock pads on the MDR-V6s made my ears hurt something fierce after a few hours of continuous use. The headphones also gave me a headache fairly often before the mod and have not since I have changed the pads.  The velour pads are much bigger than the stock sony pads, provide a more dynamic sound stage for me, and I enjoy the sound more with them, especially since I don't feel like I want to rip them off my head. 

Buy your pads from http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DT250Earpad as they come with all the parts and they are the cheapest around, with free shipping. Sorry for resurrecting this thread from the dead, but I thought you should know that it is definitely worth the mod.  Also, aren't the V6's under warranty for a year or so? If you are having problems you should talk to sony and RMA them for a new pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back