Sony Styles? EEK!!
May 10, 2002 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Eagle_Driver

Headphoneus Supremus
This year Sony (or Sony Electronics Corp. of America - the U.S. distributor of Sony - in particular) has put the word "Style" in the product-line names of nearly ALL of its consumer headphones!
eek.gif
(That is, all of Sony's consumer headphones that don't end in "#.ear".) That means no more "Fontopia" name on its MDR-E###, MDR-ED### and MDR-EX## series earbuds; that name's been changed to "Bud Style".

Other new names of the various Sony headphone lines are:

MDR-101/106/A110/201/301/605 series: "Light Style"
MDR-W08/W14/W20/W24/W25/A30/A34/A35/A44 series: "In Style"
MDR-CD### series: "Home Style"
MDR-V### series: "Studio Style"

And one product line we all know (and hate):

MDR-G## series: "Street Style"

Any questions or comments? Please feel free to respond to this thread.

cya l8r

May 10, 2002 at 5:20 AM Post #2 of 21
What about the MDR-Exxx line?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 10, 2002 at 5:35 AM Post #3 of 21
Is this just a USA thing? maybe the majority of guys and gals over there like things with the word 'style' in them....

I, so far haven't seen anything so crappy here in the UK, but time will tell I guess...

May 10, 2002 at 11:33 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
What about the MDR-Exxx line?

As I said earlier, MDR-Exxx is part of the "Bud Style" line of Sony headphones.

Duncan,

I've edited my original post to reflect that so far it's a Sony USA marketing decision to put the word 'style' in most of its headphone lines.

May 10, 2002 at 1:37 PM Post #7 of 21
I think Studio Style is the one that cracks me up the most. Somebody at SonyUSA has been smoking crack and watching too many movies.

Now, if they came with a trunk of documentation and schematics, and all looked like something that some burned-out engineer soldered together overnight, then I'll recant my amusement.

May 11, 2002 at 3:10 AM Post #8 of 21
I think the marketers at Sony Electronics Corp. of America have had a few too many beers, too!
eek.gif

May 11, 2002 at 3:30 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Eagle_Driver I think the marketers at Sony Electronics Corp. of America have had a few too many beers, too!

Quote:

Aloft I think Studio Style is the one that cracks me up the most. Somebody at SonyUSA has been smoking crack and watching too many movies.

You left out a whole lot of drugs!

I give up on Sony...

May 11, 2002 at 4:08 AM Post #13 of 21
Sony's cans have already been about style.

Their Vcrap line is sold at consumer stores, not just "pro" retailers where they belong. They subjectively look cool and the consumer feels even cooler knowing that he/she is using dj phones(not knowing they perform awful with music).

Take a look at this:

www.sonystyle.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back