Sony sbh80
Lg hbs 800
Lg hbs900
Sony sbh70
Jabra rox wireless
Jabra rox sport wireless
Sony as600bt
Sony as800bt
I only have access to these and some older models such as sbh50 ,52 ,etc. I had a jabra step. The sound was ok. But connectivity was a little bit of problem. I heard sbh50 has the same problem. I was planning on buying a new bt pair.preferably with A good fit, A HQ and loud sound, good isolation,and connectivity of course . I like the sbh80 over the lg's because of the look of the lg's. They are huge and i dont like that and another problem is : it s hard to find genuine lg over here. My concern about the sony is as the body sits behind the neck. The body gets between the phone and the unit. Which was a little bit of problem with my jabra step. So tell me what you think plz? Which one of the above is better? My phone is galaxy note 4 . If that matters.
Update: the as600 sounds like a winner. Whta do you think?

Sep 16, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #62 of 161
I don't think any of them is amazing, but they're all above average choices.

Vs. SBH80:

EPH100 hits harder in the bass and is darker overall. Comfort is slightly below average because it has thick nozzles and inflexible, but not noise-bearing, cables.

Tenore is more resolving, but also smoother and more rolled off in the highs. SQ and build are somewhat inconsistent.

Sound: Tenore > SBH80 > EPH100

I've used the Sony often this summer because it's wireless and has a great mic for phone calls.

Best luck!

Thanks guys for all your answers, but I really think they are amazing, because it's wireless, and after tweak with PowerAMP and JetAudio, it is really good !, So the Tenore sound better, but it's wired but cheaper, so I don't know, I got SBH80 but it's too fragile. I will might try the tenore, but with JetAudio the sound is perfect for that kind and not expensive.

Sep 16, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #63 of 161
Hey guys. Can anyone please compare these for me:
Sony sbh80
Lg hbs 800
Lg hbs900
Sony sbh70
Jabra rox wireless
Jabra rox sport wireless
Sony as600bt
Sony as800bt
I only have access to these and some older models such as sbh50 ,52 ,etc. I had a jabra step. The sound was ok. But connectivity was a little bit of problem. I heard sbh50 has the same problem. I was planning on buying a new bt pair.preferably with A good fit, A HQ and loud sound, good isolation,and connectivity of course . I like the sbh80 over the lg's because of the look of the lg's. They are huge and i dont like that and another problem is : it s hard to find genuine lg over here. My concern about the sony is as the body sits behind the neck. The body gets between the phone and the unit. Which was a little bit of problem with my jabra step. So tell me what you think plz? Which one of the above is better? My phone is galaxy note 4 . If that matters.
Update: the as600 sounds like a winner. Whta do you think?

AS800BT is rubbish, and so is Jabra IEMs. HBS900s are what I would consider a fair comparison in terms of sound. SBH80 and HBS900 or Phiaton BT100(I have the SBH80 and BT100). What kind of sound sig do you prefer?

Sep 16, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #64 of 161
  AS800BT is rubbish, and so is Jabra IEMs. HBS900s are what I would consider a fair comparison in terms of sound. SBH80 and HBS900 or Phiaton BT100(I have the SBH80 and BT100). What kind of sound sig do you prefer?

Hi, in which areas the sound of sbh80 is better than hbs900? And what do you think about fit, durability and other practical aspects of using them?

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #65 of 161

Hi, in which areas the sound of sbh80 is better than hbs900? And what do you think about fit, durability and other practical aspects of using them?

SBH80 is overall smoother, while HBS900 has bit more treble. Both are on the bassy side.

SBH80, while feeling a bit flimsy, is extremely well built. It's really light so I tend to throw them around everywhere, and it has survived a year of abuse so far, and it still feels solid.

The thick neck bend approach of HBS900 is comfy, but it's not light weight. It's like a difference between a memory foam pillow and a light soft pillow. 900 is like the memory foam, while SBH80 is like light pillow in terms of comfort around your neck. SBH80 has a slightly deeper fit, but both are quite comfortable inside the ears. SBH80 is more nature resistant in that it's splash proof and dust proof, while the 900 isn't.

Battery in both a pretty decent, though 900 has about 1-2hr more use. SBH80 has longer standby time though.

And considering that SBH80 costs less and sounds better IMO(not the 900s are bad. both are some of the best bluetooth iems available in terms of sound), I would go for SBH80.

I also recently got the BT100, which is awesome. In terms of practicality, nothing beats the BT100. It has N/C that actually works well, is waterproof, has overall flat and warm sound that doesn't lag behind the 80 or the 900, and is comfortable. You can use it wired too.

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #66 of 161

Thank u for your time. I m new to sound industry. So i dont have an exact answer . But i mostly listen to rock music, if that counts as sound sig. Availability and pricing is a little different in my country. Hbs900 and sbh80 cost almost the same. Hbs800 costs less than half of each. The as600 and as800 are a little more pricey than hbs900 and sbh80. My main concern is stability (both in bt connectivity . And in my ear). And thats why i had jabra s and the as600 and as800 of sony on my list.because they have wings .and i thought they would fit perfect. hbs900 is bulky but not that bulky that would stop me from buying.and the wires system seem fragile. I love how sbh80 looks.but i have read so many comments about the left or right bud disfunction or the connectivity range diminishes over time. So,what i do?
And if that matters. I m not planning on using these as an audiophile,and i m planning to buy an over ear wired headphone for that.

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #67 of 161
What do you think about 24 Bits audio ? and Flac generally ?

I'm hesitating between to take a new SBH80 which I loved but the left earphone stopped work, or try Zero Audio Carbo Tenore it's wired so usefull for Flac, because SBH80 is limited to Apt-X so 352Kbps but still sound really nice even Flac files seem benefited.

Sep 16, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #68 of 161
Thank u for your time. I m new to sound industry. So i dont have an exact answer . But i mostly listen to rock music, if that counts as sound sig. Availability and pricing is a little different in my country. Hbs900 and sbh80 cost almost the same. Hbs800 costs less than half of each. The as600 and as800 are a little more pricey than hbs900 and sbh80. My main concern is stability (both in bt connectivity . And in my ear). And thats why i had jabra s and the as600 and as800 of sony on my list.because they have wings .and i thought they would fit perfect. hbs900 is bulky but not that bulky that would stop me from buying.and the wires system seem fragile. I love how sbh80 looks.but i have read so many comments about the left or right bud disfunction or the connectivity range diminishes over time. So,what i do?
And if that matters. I m not planning on using these as an audiophile,and i m planning to buy an over ear wired headphone for that.

OK HBS900 for steady connection. SBH80 uses a bit outdated BT method. It still sounds the same, but it does get interfered with rather easily if there are lots of electronics around.

I haven't had any issues with the SBH80 wearing out or range diminishing, and I've had them for slightly over a year now. 

Sep 16, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #69 of 161
  What do you think about 24 Bits audio ? and Flac generally ?

I'm hesitating between to take a new SBH80 which I loved but the left earphone stopped work, or try Zero Audio Carbo Tenore it's wired so usefull for Flac, because SBH80 is limited to Apt-X so 352Kbps but still sound really nice even Flac files seem benefited.

For a phone system, it's pointless. 96db SNR is it's cap from what I recall, and most phones, even when wired, is not capable of taking any benefits from 24bit.

Regular Flac is better, but again, it's really hard to distinguish it in an outdoor environment. In fact, I compress all my lossless files(which is all of my library) into 320k mp3, and am totally happy with it. The HD800 gets the full lossless, but the SBH80 doesn't.

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #70 of 161
  SBH80 is overall smoother, while HBS900 has bit more treble. Both are on the bassy side.

SBH80, while feeling a bit flimsy, is extremely well built. It's really light so I tend to throw them around everywhere, and it has survived a year of abuse so far, and it still feels solid.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #71 of 161
Hi Victor: 

Have been using SBH80 for almost a year now and they are awesome headsets. While listening to music through iTunes, the codec shows aptX and and the quality is really great. My issue is that whenever it switches on to handsfree mode (to take a voice call from my laptop) the codec switches to SCO and the sound quality reduces significantly. Is there any way to retain the aptX codec while using the headset as a handsfree to take calls? 

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #72 of 161
  Hi Victor: 

Have been using SBH80 for almost a year now and they are awesome headsets. While listening to music through iTunes, the codec shows aptX and and the quality is really great. My issue is that whenever it switches on to handsfree mode (to take a voice call from my laptop) the codec switches to SCO and the sound quality reduces significantly. Is there any way to retain the aptX codec while using the headset as a handsfree to take calls? 

Try going to Audio Midi settings(I'm assuming you have a mac as you use iTunes) and set the output to the SBH80 Stereo, and input to SBH80(right click). The one with 2 channel is the one you want as output. I had to mess around with it too.

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #74 of 161
i hate mine. the part that goes around the neck is problematic when working out. sound is decent tho. if you lay down, lean back or do explosive stuff in the gym then they earbuds are a pita.

Dec 29, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #75 of 161
Has anyone found any wings or a headband compatible with the SBH80? I find that these like to slowly work their way out of my ears, regardless of the tip I use. It's not the fault of the earbud design, just the way I use them. It seems to happen on all IEMs I use except my customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back