SONY SA1000, NEED OPINIONS! :)
Jun 23, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
they didnt do it for me, i sold the sa1k a few fays after i got it

Yeah, and I lent them out because they weren't doing it for me either. Then after realizing I actually owned a pair, I said screw it and let the kid keep them.
etysmile.gif

Jun 23, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Huh? Does anybody know what's going on here? Does he have me mixed up with somebody else by chance? What did I "provoke" before?

He is talking about Andrea.

Jun 23, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferraro25
He is talking about Andrea.

Oh, I got confused when he referred to Andrea as "his."

(She IS a girl, isn't she?)

Jun 23, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Oh, I got confused when he referred to Andrea as "his."

(She IS a girl, isn't she?)

Since no one else is answering, no. Andrea is a he.

Jun 24, 2006 at 9:07 AM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sade
The closed SONY V/Z 900HD uses the "same" drivers as the SA1000; so, does the V/Z 900HD sound like a SA1000 with BASS but less airy? The V/Z 900HD goes out to 80K Hz like the SA1000.

http://www.audiocubes.com/category/H...eadphones.html

It can be, if you put the hands to close the SA1000 on the rear they seem to behave well, with more bass and... less air and also a bit more "acid" mid-highs. I think I prefer open, but the V/Z 900HD is very interesting if they have the same drivers of the SA1K.

I want to stress the fact that these drivers have speed and detail capacity difficult to hear on other dynamic drivers.

Andrew

Jun 24, 2006 at 10:13 AM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticaldodo
How do you know that?
orphsmile.gif

Ok, ok, lets not digress....
tongue.gif

Sorry, this Andrea is a HE (
mad.gif
I must have repeated it 1000 times so far)
tongue.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 11:47 AM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor34
Noisey ear cups!!! Plastic clunking sounds with every head movement! Very annoying. I drove them with a HR Total AirHead and good related equipment but they didn't do much for me. I listen mainly to classical and new age. I haven't used them since I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 580's for $50 more than I paid for the Sony's ($100)

I don't doubt that the HD580 is superior to the SA1000 for overall performance.

The SA1K has strange sound signature, with some high-end features but not naturally balanced sound. Ayway, with proper program (see for example Madredeus), the performance of the SA1k is truly astonishing.

bye
Andrew

Jun 24, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
Ayway, with proper program (see for example Madredeus), the performance of the SA1k is truly astonishing.

If that's what it takes...
tongue.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #26 of 35
Sorry,I dig this post out,cause recently I really have a heavy interest in the sony sa1000!The only problem that feazed me is if this cans have a durable frame especially the suspension part! Has anyone encounted the problem of rupture in the crisp frame of your SA1000? I need your experience before paying my mony for this "baby" ! I really appreciate any dehortation!Thanks!

Jul 28, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #27 of 35
I had no problem with the build quality for the money. I did have a problem with the lack of bass.

Jul 28, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #28 of 35
As showing in this picture,in the part of red circle,I guess that there is an axes to make SA1K's cup rotatable.So,I really worry about this part could rupture after a period of usage because I know the suspension system is certainly plastic.Maybe there is no such potential risk in SA5K's frame.....
rolleyes.gif

What do u think about this? Or.....my worry is unnecessary?

Jul 28, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #29 of 35
You should be fine. A similar swivel is found on CD3000's, also made of plastic, and they are rather sturdy. I wouldn't say you'd ever want to drop kick your headphones out the window, but they should be able to take some abuse, especially for their going price.

What gear did all you people hear the SAxk's out of? (amplifier, source/transport, recabled?)

Azure: Isn't the frame of the SA5000 magnesium? You said it was plastic but still got cold. I thought people had scratched the paint and sure enough, the headband conducted electricity?

Jul 28, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #30 of 35
I just purchased a Marantz CD5001 CD player. It has a very warm sound with plenty of detail and a huge soundstage. I am blown away at how good my
SA5000's sound with it. They are better than my modified HD580's, DT800's and DT900's. They have a warmer sound and much more soundstage. They are far better than the K701's with any setup I had. I do agree with a previous post that they are not that accurate for string instruments in an orchestra. I used to have the SA1000's and even though they are not as good as the 5000's, they are detailed and fun to listen to. A coaxial digital cable from bettercables.com will greatly improve these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back