Sony Qualia vs HD800?
Apr 18, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #76 of 122
When I first mentioned how Sennheiser probably stole their Hd800 design and styling from Sony I used the sa5000 as a point of reference because of the sa5000 color. It was sad that one off the raging fanboys had to point out that the sa5000 is a crappy sounding headphone but I doubt that is true. If Beyer or Akg etc came out with a new model that looked like it was ripping off another company's design nobody would care they would read it and move on. They wouldn't need to rage and attack something so insignificant and call names or alienate other peoples gear.

Apr 18, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #77 of 122
I personally liked the Qualia much much better, but that's just me.

Apr 18, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #78 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyways, first time I saw the photos of the HD800 I thought "wow, they blatantly ripped off the design of the Qualia 010". I'm sure there is a LOT of their own design & interpretation in the headphones, but it does seem uncanny, as previously the Sony SA and Qualia headphones were the only ones remotely like that.

The difference being of course that the qualia is an attractive headphone, right?
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny, Sennheiser knocked it out with the 800, that are more close in the sound presentation to the K701/2 then to the HD-650. lol, very suspicious point.

My favourite here is that the K701 is almost universally hated for being a thin sounding headphone, and then the HD800 comes out and suddenly thin is the new win amongst former HD600/650 owners.

Makes me ROFL every time

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #79 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaycalgary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your right if I would have never didn't feed into MacedonianHero's comments it would have not ruined a good thread.

rolleyes.gif

Classic. I wonder if you act like this IRL?
frown.gif

Come on folks, isn't 6 pages enough? Leave this topic alone. The only reason I'm even bothering to chime in again is because I don't like it when somebody deliberately misinterprets what I write.

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #80 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First time I saw the photos of the HD800 I thought "wow, they blatantly ripped off the design of the Qualia 010".

Yep, the biggest question is why Sennheiser needed to rip off the design of the Qualia 010? I agree that the Qualia has the best design out there, and of course I'll be happy to see more hps that use carbon. lol, maybe Senn will surprise us soon with some carbon parts.
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #81 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My favourite here is that the K701 is almost universally hated for being a thin sounding headphone, and then the HD800 comes out and suddenly thin is the new win amongst former HD600/650 owners.

Makes me ROFL every time

BINGO!!!
icon10.gif

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #82 of 122
Quote:

Makes me ROFL every time

How ironic. I ROFL every time someone describes the HD800 sound as thin or that the K701 is close in performance.

When the select few actually try to imply that the K701 is superior I have to stop and look around for Ashton.

Apr 18, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #84 of 122
Owning the AKG K702, Senn HD800 and Senn HD650 as well as 2Senn HD600's
I find the HD800, then HD650/HD600, then AKG K702 being the order of preference.

Apr 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #85 of 122
Quote:

Makes me ROFL every time

HD800 sounds "thin"?! compared to what?

Apr 18, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #87 of 122
Since a longer time, I've wanted to check out the SA5000, especially to A/B against K701

But, ast, to be precise: I can't imagine that the 5000 is near the 010 in terms of resolution and transparency, isn't it?
On the other hand, basing on the technical knowledge a company generates by developing a beast like the 010 should give them the basics to create a headphone on a similar technical level in future at much lower costs and price - that's just logical. Seems like that reasons lie in laws of marketing strategy, which prohibit to release superior quality to lower prices. In this context I remember Sennheiser stating something like: "The HE60 just sounded too good compared to the Orpheus - so we reduced its bass capabilities"

Apr 18, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #88 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer SA5000 to Q010. I've tried several times to A/B both and found SA5000 is much more balanced. Q010 has that ear piecing highs I literally couldn't listen to them more than a few minutes.

I really like this post... Maybe due to having a SA5000 on it´s way
wink.gif

Carbon fibre is very strong in one direction... But hit it in the wrong direction it will break easilly. Everybody who used carbon fibre ski poles knows this.

010 is slightly better looking but they are both ugly. Not that I really care about that. None of these are really portable solutions anyway.

Apr 18, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #89 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by General Failure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems like that reasons lie in laws of marketing strategy, which prohibit to release superior quality to lower prices. In this context I remember Sennheiser stating something like: "The HE60 just sounded too good compared to the Orpheus - so we reduced its bass capabilities"

That's quite odd, considering most that have owned both will tell you that the bass quantity is higher on the HE60 vs the HE90.

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #90 of 122
Quote:

Makes me ROFL every time

This would be a very perceptive post if the HD-800 was, in actuality, thin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back