SONY QUALIA 010: LOVED or LOATHED?
Dec 1, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #31 of 73
There are two keys to getting the Qualia to sing. The first is fit. You need the right size, and can then do the minor adjustments to place it exactly. If the fit is off at all, you'll hear it.

The second key is the cable. The stock, and some of the aftermarket cables weren't doing it for me. Finally, Larry at Headphile made up a wire for me using solid core silver, and I terminated it myself for the Qualia. That one got it right, and is the one I use.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #32 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think the color of the earpads correspond with the headband size. The original buyers had choice of both color and size, I believe.

Yes, I knew that. The 010 that was supposedly for sale. I just wanted to know the size and the color. I would want a size small in the color red.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #33 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I knew that. The 010 that was supposedly for sale. I just wanted to know the size and the color. I would want a size small in the color red.

Small is the only size to go. Medium size is way too big for most people. A major design flaw for Sony.

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #34 of 73
I admit that I vote for 'loved' because I have 3 Sony dynamic headphones within reach and I like all of them <'3

It's on my wish list hehe
tongue.gif

Jun 25, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #35 of 73
Finally landed my pair after many years of waiting.  Got a pair with small headband and they fits me perfectly so I was able to get the right fit every time.  Incredible headphones with excellent details, soundstaging, and imaging.  Bass is extremely tight without any hint of boominess.  I keep reaching to them more than my beloved R10 these days, could this be the case of the new gears syndrome?  Only time will tell.  Thanks MikeLa. 

Jun 25, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #36 of 73

As I have stated in other threads the Qualia is The only phone I have ever seen that is worth the money on looks and build quality alone,even if you loathe the sound they are still worth buying,sure beats having a Picaso on the wall and a lot cheaper,not to mention better to look at.

Living Art.

Jun 25, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #38 of 73
Well instead of creating a new thread, I joined the old thread. :)

Quote:
LOL Purk, this thread was 1 1/2 years old

Edit : All lucky 7's post! Now I can go fight emerald weapon...

Jun 25, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #40 of 73
Purk:
Congratulations on getting that 010. Im bummed it didn't come to NJ, but happy someone who will appreciate it got it.

Quote:

As I have stated in other threads the Qualia is The only phone I have ever seen that is worth the money on looks and build quality alone

The headbands are known for breaking if handled roughly. Thin sheets of carbon fiber are great in compression (rolleyes)
You have a very unique standard of build quality.

Jun 25, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #41 of 73
Congratulations Purk! Enjoy! 

Jun 25, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #44 of 73
Yeah.. They are probably the most detailed dynamic headphones ever created.. Great technical prowess. Unique design. They are my favorite looking headphone, & the one I want to audition to the most out of the 'ultra' hi end headphones. I would blindly buy a pair if I had the money.

Jun 25, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #45 of 73
Congrats, Purk.  Right now, the Qualia is the only dynamic headphone that interests me after hearing it in my rig.  Since I'm somewhat familiar with yours, I'm sure it sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back