Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Sep 4, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #1,773 of 2,024
Excellent news, last I heard the Walkman was being phased out.

Would like to know how this compares to my Xperia Z :p 

I was hoping the rumors about the Z1 having a S-master amp were true, it appears it won't have it based on the reveal shown today.

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #1,774 of 2,024
NICE, no more 16/44 FLAC, 24/192 is finally here for the F.

Nice! I'm glad to see they are continuing to improve the Walkman! My only concern is the lack of onboard storage. 32 GB for 24/192 files is nothing. Even 64 GB is a limited library. They'd need expandable storage or at least 128 GB IMO.

I wonder how they bypassed the Android limit of 16/44.1?

Sep 4, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #1,775 of 2,024
Who knows, and I am sure there will be at lease a "F887" with 64GB.

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #1,780 of 2,024
  The rooting method will hopefully be the same as the current Xperias as, by the looks of it, almost the same version is running on this device.

PR Android 4.1, so I think that's likely.

Sep 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #1,782 of 2,024
hi everyone

could anyone of you set your location using only the gps sensors? I only could make it if i use gps sensors and wi-fi network. In The manual Sony says not to operate gps operate inside cars because of the weekness of the gps signal and they suggest to use it on  an open area without buildings near. Well i wont to use the gps in my car and i could not set my location because in this case i have no access to my wi-fi network.
if anyone of you could set the location using only the gps sensors probably my gps sensors are defective (Malfunction).

Many thanks to all off you 

Sep 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #1,783 of 2,024
  hi everyone

could anyone of you set your location using only the gps sensors? I only could make it if i use gps sensors and wi-fi network. In The manual Sony says not to operate gps operate inside cars because of the weekness of the gps signal and they suggest to use it on  an open area without buildings near. Well i wont to use the gps in my car and i could not set my location because in this case i have no access to my wi-fi network.
if anyone of you could set the location using only the gps sensors probably my gps sensors are defective (Malfunction).

Many thanks to all off you 

I do think your GPS is malfunctioning.  I just tested mine for the first time with Google maps and wifi location off and it worked.

Sep 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #1,785 of 2,024
Many thanks i will ask Sony to see what's wrong

I have a feeling that the antenna somehow grounded itself, but of course there is no way for us to know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back