Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Aug 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #1,666 of 2,024
Okay guys.
Someone here on these chinese forums has somehow rooted their F800 using a software called 360 root and a few others have confirmed the working exploit. I tried with my Z but some error pops up everytime I hit the ROOT button. I don't know chinese. So maybe someone who does could help us here cuz this might be what I've waited for so long...

Here's the link to the thread: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2480266659?pn=1

P.S. I tried searching for tutorials, but no luck.

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #1,667 of 2,024
Quote:
Okay guys.
Someone here on these chinese forums has somehow rooted their F800 using a software called 360 root and a few others have confirmed the working exploit. I tried with my Z but some error pops up everytime I hit the ROOT button. I don't know chinese. So maybe someone who does could help us here cuz this might be what I've waited for so long...

Here's the link to the thread: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2480266659?pn=1

P.S. I tried searching for tutorials, but no luck.

Post a screen shot here and I will translate it for you.  I tried to go to that site but it is a mess.

If this is the screen you are referring, here is the direct translation:

"Very sorry, "Advanced Sound Effects (Equalizer?)" already stopped running. (Confirm)

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #1,671 of 2,024
Quote:
Thanks a bunch mate. So the Z isn't supported then. Could anyone give it a shot with their F?

Well where did you get that 360-one-button-Root program in the first place?

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #1,674 of 2,024
Quote:
Not really, I can't be sure but I think they are about the same length. I will post link when I get home.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=281103899579

The cable looks a lot better in person, and it is not white but silver pearl-ish.

That's a good looking cable, I just wish it was shorter than 3 inches. My current cable sticks out half the length of my F807 and amp. It's not an issue because it's on the same side as the headphone I just like as clean of a look as possible.

Aug 17, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #1,676 of 2,024
Quote:
I know that, but where is the progame?

Google Search 
wink.gif

Aug 17, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #1,677 of 2,024
Quote:
Google Search 
wink.gif

I will blame you if I brick my F807 (j/k).

BTW, did you turn on debug mode?

Update: I turned on USB debug mode, got the latest version (4.2.0.0), and now the 360 root thing is running.  Finger crossed.

Update 2: need to change the USB connection mode to media device and not storage mode.  Reconnect and the 360 root loaded into F807.  It is running now but I have no idea how to verify that I got root.

Update 3: root failed due to the program fail to connect to their server for some reason..  I will try again later.

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #1,679 of 2,024
Quote:
I will blame you if I brick my F807 (j/k).

BTW, did you turn on debug mode?

Update: I turned on USB debug mode, got the latest version (4.2.0.0), and now the 360 root thing is running.  Finger crossed.

Update 2: need to change the USB connection mode to media device and not storage mode.  Reconnect and the 360 root loaded into F807.  It is running now but I have no idea how to verify that I got root.

Update 3: root failed due to the program fail to connect to their server for some reason..  I will try again later.

Yeah, somewhere in the thread I read that the root worked for specific regions only (including Hong Kong). So, something like a VPN faker or a proxy might work. Give it a shot. 
popcorn.gif

You guys really need to do a little reading on that thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back