Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Jan 15, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #1,306 of 2,024
Quote:
How does the Walkman F series stack up to the Zune HD? Is the Walkman F series sound quality a lot better than the Zune HD?

Any Walkman sounds better than the Zune HD.

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #1,307 of 2,024
hello together

ok, so i got the japanese 32 gb version,... one of the"special versions" <_<'
and i got also the noise cancellation earbuds with it.... i think the earbuds are okay... but yeah not enough bass for me

so what earbuds can u recommend ?

i tryed many walkmans... but srsly... the X series.. were THE BEST !!!!!! .... i was dissapointed with Z and F is actually the same...but now that i dont have the x series anymore I use the F.... i mean the F is much better from z.... cuz its not that big anymore, and the display is also much better, also much more fluent and precise touchscreen... but yeah... I can remeber myselfe that the X was just freakin awesome... it was like a dream.... extremly clear but deep bass and sound ..... but f is just clear sound and not that much bass... not really deep bass

so maybe I can buy better earbuds with better and stronger bass for F, please not that expensive and if possible with noise cancellation...

hope u can help me :S

thanks for your help and sorry for my english :S

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #1,308 of 2,024
I hope you wind up finding the F as enjoyable as the X... It'll run pretty much any earphone you want to use with it. But I think it rewards for using high end ones, because the sound is pretty refined. I don't find the bass that much less than with the X, but that is with the Fitear TG!334 earphones which are highly revealing of everything in the frequency spectrum. You'll find a more expansive/open, and detailed sound over the X which sounds a bit more thick and congested by comparison. I still have my X, and have done back-to-back comparisons many times, and always hear it the same way. The bass is just a touch less thick, but tighter, and reaches pretty close to the same depth. I think what you may be hearing is that the X presents a slighter thicker bass (maybe it's more mid-bass in the mix)... that's how it seems to me anyway.

But you should be good with just about any high end earphone you choose. Westone 4, IE80, Fitear, etc etc... will all be good. 

Enjoy.

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #1,309 of 2,024
Quote:
I hope you wind up finding the F as enjoyable as the X... It'll run pretty much any earphone you want to use with it. But I think it rewards for using high end ones, because the sound is pretty refined. I don't find the bass that much less than with the X, but that is with the Fitear TG!334 earphones which are highly revealing of everything in the frequency spectrum. You'll find a more expansive/open, and detailed sound over the X which sounds a bit more thick and congested by comparison. I still have my X, and have done back-to-back comparisons many times, and always hear it the same way. The bass is just a touch less thick, but tighter, and reaches pretty close to the same depth. I think what you may be hearing is that the X presents a slighter thicker bass (maybe it's more mid-bass in the mix)... that's how it seems to me anyway.

But you should be good with just about any high end earphone you choose. Westone 4, IE80, Fitear, etc etc... will all be good. 

Enjoy.

thank u very much for the answer : ]

yeah well from that day when i got the X ... I always used the earbuds that were with it... i think those were realllyyyy good !!! its awesome... but omg... i just googled your earbuds... and holy ****... its expensive xDDD ^^'''

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #1,310 of 2,024
Quote:
thank u very much for the answer : ]

yeah well from that day when i got the X ... I always used the earbuds that were with it... i think those were realllyyyy good !!! its awesome... but omg... i just googled your earbuds... and holy ****... its expensive xDDD ^^'''

Yep, they'e certainly not cheap... but wow, the sound. Most spacious, headphone-like sound I've heard from an IEM. And they pair great with the Sony. 

You may want to research the Heir 4.Ai. Supposedly great sounding.... and not as pricey.

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #1,312 of 2,024
Quote:
hello together

ok, so i got the japanese 32 gb version,... one of the"special versions" <_<'
and i got also the noise cancellation earbuds with it.... i think the earbuds are okay... but yeah not enough bass for me

so what earbuds can u recommend ?

i tryed many walkmans... but srsly... the X series.. were THE BEST !!!!!! .... i was dissapointed with Z and F is actually the same...but now that i dont have the x series anymore I use the F.... i mean the F is much better from z.... cuz its not that big anymore, and the display is also much better, also much more fluent and precise touchscreen... but yeah... I can remeber myselfe that the X was just freakin awesome... it was like a dream.... extremly clear but deep bass and sound ..... but f is just clear sound and not that much bass... not really deep bass

so maybe I can buy better earbuds with better and stronger bass for F, please not that expensive and if possible with noise cancellation...

hope u can help me :S

thanks for your help and sorry for my english :S

I also have the X, A, Z, and F.  To each his own, but I do prefer the F sound signature to the X.  I always thought the X is pretty darn good but the F is just more refined and has much better clarity & imaging.  The X is a little bland with less depth in the soundstage..  Bass wise, it is very comparable in term of output with the X having thicker but not deeper bass.  For bass definition, the F's bass texture win in my book.  With that said, I don't have problems with the bass on the F.  A side note though, I'm using a JH13pro so bass usually never is a problem any way.

Quote:

Enjoy.

I feel the exact same way.  I love my F and think it is the best sounding walkman among those with "S-Master" digital amplifier circuitry.  If you have a really highend earphones with good bass response, the F is the way to go.  If you decide that you want more bass and like more upfront voicing in the soundstage, then the Z is your choice.  To my ears, the Z is an improved version of the X.  The A is also has very nice sound but it maybe too dark and relaxing for some.  Still I find it better the X as well.  Just my 0.02 cents.

Jan 18, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #1,314 of 2,024
Quote:
hmmmmm

maybe i really need high end earbuds to get the full power from the F....

thank u very much to all

Yes, it will be the most beneficial.  You already own one of the best DAP short of hi-rez units out there so don't shortchange it with subpar earphones.  Do it if you can financially.  Your ears will thank you.

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #1,315 of 2,024
Hi folks!

Do you think that the F807 could be a worthy upgrade from my Cowon J3?
Is this thing better at driving multi-BA IEMs than the J3?

And if so, where can I get one of this awesome limited edition Disney players? :D

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #1,317 of 2,024
You can't change the language on the stores website, right? :/

Or would a rockboxed iPod 5.5 be even better then the J3 or the F807?

I really want to get the full potential out of my SM64....preferably without having to use an amp. Cold be hard with 95 Ohm impendance IEMs :/

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #1,318 of 2,024
I previously owned various Cowon because I was led to believe they were the best "audiophile" players but sadly I realised that was hardly the case. I am ashamed to admit I used to be an Apple basher and that  I was shocked to find out the Touch 4G sounded quite a bit better than my previous S9. 
frown.gif

I own a Z now but I would be surprised if the F doesn't sound noticeably better than your J3.

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #1,319 of 2,024
Sounds pretty tempting so far. I don't mind the lack of a SD-slot. I don't need to carry my whole music library with me :wink:

Is this thing able to play FLAC files?
And is there any way to change the language of the store? :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back