Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Jan 4, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #1,291 of 2,024
It IS working! thanks Studio. The Walkman app is now working after factory reset 
biggrin.gif

PS: I was surprised to find all my apps still on the Z after upgradigng to ICS.
confused.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #1,292 of 2,024
Thanks for all the response. I was wondering why player froze atleast 6 times last week when using Power amp .i had to use the reset button on the player. I thought it was power amp issue but looks like the firmware upgrade did caused this.. Now to undo all things i have done on the player .. Bummer 

Jan 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #1,293 of 2,024
Quote:
So here's a step by step guide for those who are faced with the problems (freezes player, the long pauses when switching tracks, etc.) after updating to firmware 1.10.
Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Fx08jaqF4&feature=youtu.be
1. Copy somewhere, all your songs, movies, etc. from the player's memory (because all data will be erased.)
2. Navigate to Settings - Backup & reset and press Factory data reset.
3. Wait until the player is loaded.
4. Now you can update the Sony Media Player and install your additional applications (Mx Player, Angry Birds, Skype etc ...).
5. Hooray
ksc75smile.gif
, now everything works fine without a pause, etc.

p.s. contacted Sony tech support three times - they could not help me. A bad Support
angry_face.gif

Hi

Only one question, after the factory reset what happens to the software that came already installed in the player (from factory) does they gone and i must install it again or does they stay installed?
Many thanks in advance.

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #1,299 of 2,024
Hi been following this thread for a while and finally got hold of a NWZ-F805. I'm assuming it has an identical feature set to the 806....but I can't seem to locate the equaliser - also when i go to settings - I don't see options for DSEE, Dynamic equaliser, Clear Stereo etc like I can see from some of the screenshots and would expect to find. Have updated the Media Player and firmware to their latest versions. 

Going a bit mad here - any help appreciated!

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #1,300 of 2,024
Quote:
Hi been following this thread for a while and finally got hold of a NWZ-F805. I'm assuming it has an identical feature set to the 806....but I can't seem to locate the equaliser - also when i go to settings - I don't see options for DSEE, Dynamic equaliser, Clear Stereo etc like I can see from some of the screenshots and would expect to find. Have updated the Media Player and firmware to their latest versions. 

Going a bit mad here - any help appreciated!

settings WITHIN the walkman app - sound enhancements. There you go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back