Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Dec 29, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #1,276 of 2,024
Quote:
I am another of those who purchased one of these from here via Alex (I do thank you for the quick service). Now that this info has come to peoples attention regarding the serial number and update issues, I probably would have held back buying one if I knew so before hand. I assumed they were full retail units from the factory, minus the box. I assumed this as this is whats usually happened when I have bought 'direct from factory' in the past.

I am in the same boat. I would have just purchased from eBay or a friend in Japan if I had known as well even at the higher cost.

The new version is not a new version of Android. I'm going to pick up an official retail boxed F807 online and compare the two, though.

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #1,277 of 2,024
After updating, the music player app became terrible, it made me wait for 5-7 sec whenever I tried to change the song. I did the hard reset according to the Sony, but the bug was still there. Is there any way to fix it back to normal?

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #1,279 of 2,024
got mine 806 from a ebay seller who has a retail website too. what version are you looking for? amazon uk only have the 805
rolleyes.gif
which is why i went elsewhere

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #1,280 of 2,024
Rednuht I was in the same boat but now everything ok. First, backup or copy all your data to safe place. Go to Settings-Backup & reset-Factory data reset. Then I installed all my software again and update sony media player. :)

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #1,281 of 2,024
hi there....

the sony new F-series is really attract me and i take it home since last week......my friend having a sony E463.

to compare between both of them....i notice that the F bass is less than E...however the mid and high is really clear and clean...but it make my ear feel noise sometimes.....(using their ori stock earphone)

E having a more powerful kick bass and low bass,although the mid and high is not better than F,but E mid and high is not too bad for most of peoples, need pro only can notice it.

this make me so curious and i take the E stock earphone(MDR-ex083) to put into my F, what can i say was ~WoW~....the sound really different from F(MDR-ex300) stock earphone, it has much more kick bass.

isnt the stock earphone of E is much better than F....??.....or E earphone is for bass while F earphone is for clarity....??.........

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #1,282 of 2,024
I can't really comment much on the stock earphones from the F806, because my Fitear To Go's went straight into duty!  
biggrin.gif
  I think the F806 and Fitears are a great combo though...

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #1,283 of 2,024
basshead.gif

so how about the the SQ of combine F806 with Fitear To Go....??
tongue_smile.gif

kicking bass with clear...?...haha...

moreover i need some advice.....dont really have a direction to go....
frown.gif

- F806 + fiio E6 + fiio LOD + stock earphone (if F806 cant produce the rich bass)
-F806 + munitio billet  (if the stock earphone cant perform rich bass)

dont know F806 can perform a kicking bass with clear sound with other IEM or not.....

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #1,285 of 2,024
i had try munitio billet....its a has very very nice sound on my ear......it has clear vocal and bass....for clarity...it consider as normal.....i tried on ipod touch 4g....

the most important is the price....the price really attract you to get it,,,,,,haha....

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #1,286 of 2,024
Quote:
Rednuht I was in the same boat but now everything ok. First, backup or copy all your data to safe place. Go to Settings-Backup & reset-Factory data reset. Then I installed all my software again and update sony media player. :)

Once i made the update and and got all the problems you got. Because i was in the one month experience after purshased my F806 i return it to Sony and they send me another. Now i'm affraid to do the update. Based on you experience you made the update without any kind of post problems but i don't understand when you said that you installed all the software again- Do you mean to install all the software that come preinstalled with the player?
I Kindly beg you, if you can, to make a step by step instructions. And what you mean with  "all your data" is it all my songs?
Many thanks a a happy new year

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #1,287 of 2,024
When you are doing the update, are you sure have at least 320mb space remaining.
Also, Confirm that the low free space notification icon does not appear on the status bar. If internal storage free space is less than 10% (approx. 100MB), the system may not boot properly, or settings and application data may not be inherited properly. (Taken from Sony's website)

Also, connect the player after the download and not before.

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #1,288 of 2,024
So here's a step by step guide for those who are faced with the problems (freezes player, the long pauses when switching tracks, etc.) after updating to firmware 1.10.
Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Fx08jaqF4&feature=youtu.be
1. Copy somewhere, all your songs, movies, etc. from the player's memory (because all data will be erased.)
2. Navigate to Settings - Backup & reset and press Factory data reset.
3. Wait until the player is loaded.
4. Now you can update the Sony Media Player and install your additional applications (Mx Player, Angry Birds, Skype etc ...).
5. Hooray
ksc75smile.gif
, now everything works fine without a pause, etc.

p.s. contacted Sony tech support three times - they could not help me. A bad Support
angry_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back