Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Dec 15, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #1,231 of 2,024
I am sad....and mad

RIP.....teachers,,students,,

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #1,233 of 2,024
EQ off  " almost " no  distortion - agreed.

The distortion range is somewhere upper bass, the deepest low no problem at all. before the update distorted sound on both treble and bass, now only bass for certain songs.

Sennehisher launch with new IEM IE 800 claims can go high and low without distorted, will soon go audition to check the distortion songs to see the truth :p

Exactly! The lowest bass is present and not distorted. As an example one can listen to "bass, I love you" with great sub-bass frequences- powerful deep bass is reproduced very impressive. But when it comes to massive bass at about 60Hz - something odd happens. Wrote to sony support-waiting for comments.

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #1,234 of 2,024
so i installed poweramp and jetaudio, es file explorer, and also stopped the w.control app from running. now, i am getting smiles all over again. =)

adjustable L/R balance because my hearing imbalance goes on and off, disabled w.control app and the button can now be used as an alternative "power button" to lit the screen back instead of pushing that nasty power button on top of the walkman F because it is too hard to push and reach for a left-hander, an optional 10-band (poweramp)/20-band (jetaudio) EQ if i need to use them. and i can also delete/move songs without connecting it to the computer!

with these apps installed, i maybe dont need to have an updated firmware anymore and also waiting for someone from XDA to root the walkman F so that i can remove those bloatwares and unnedded running programs.

still a walkman outside, but not inside! xD and the sound is still the same, although the volume gets lower when using third party apps so i need to crank up the volume by 2-4 ticks.

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #1,235 of 2,024
Anyone have a list of the demo music they have on the Japanese units? I deleted my Music folder (prior to setting up sync with a new install of MediaMonkey), only to realise I didn't have copies of all the demo tracks. Some weren't so bad so a list of the authors/tracks would be awesome. :)

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #1,236 of 2,024
can please someone help me?

today i got the NW-f806 so its the japanese version...

i wanted to make an update....but it gives me  " failed to update the system software to version 1.10 error code : 11 "  i tried it a couple times ...but it doesnt work :frowning2:((((  and also downloaded the file..but its the same....

i hope someone can help me T_____T'
thanks....

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #1,237 of 2,024
Quote:

i wanted to make an update....but it gives me  " failed to update the system software to version 1.10 error code : 11 "  i tried it a couple times ...but it doesnt work :frowning2:((((  and also downloaded the file..but its the same....

thanks....

Same as my unit. If you read the thread it does seem you're not missing out on much as no real improvements were made and you still have the benefits of the Japanese NW version!

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #1,238 of 2,024

thanks....

where did you buy it from? someone on here or a proper dealer?

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #1,241 of 2,024
Hi,

can someone tell me if I can use all those Sony EQs like S-Master in third-party apps like Spotify?
thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back