Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Dec 12, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #1,171 of 2,024
On another topic, how is everyone finding the battery performance of their F800s?

I'm playing a mix of FLAC and MP3s, airplane mode, and sometimes switching between Neutron and Native player.

After 7.5h, I have 25% charge left from full, which conveniently translates to 10% per hour, or about 10h playtime.

The official specs list 25h of playback for 128kbps MP3. Should I be expecting much more than 10h, especially considering display and wifi is almost always off?

What playback lifetime are you getting?

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #1,172 of 2,024
Quote:
I would not call it improvements, but a bit different, but the player is soooooooooooo sluggish now after the update.
The good thing about the update, is native flac support.

The F-806 supports Flac without the update. and in my case before the update i'd never had a problem reading Flac and after update some issues arrive to Flac.
One more time i say that, for me, after the update the overall sound is worst than before

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #1,173 of 2,024
Recently upgraded Sony Media Player to version 1.4.2. via Wi-Fi. Probably fixed a bugs.
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #1,176 of 2,024
Dec 12, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #1,181 of 2,024
Quote:

Thanks Studio, I have also checked on Google Play after your post, but for me it just say that this application is not compatible with any of my devices including my F807, my player don't see any update to be installed when connected to the wifi ...

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #1,183 of 2,024
Quote:
No, and don't waste your time, its hopeless.

Hi all. Go to SystemSettings->About device->Status

Now, is the serial number "unknown"? If yes, did you buy yours from somebody selling units straight from factory (sony=Malaysia)? Is your model NW-F800Series, kernel 2.6.39.6 build 1.01?

That is mean it has not been set correctly in factory. There is boot sequence to be done on newly assembled units like "end settings" that set regions/languages and so on. Yours isn't done correctly by some technician in factory. Don't think anybody will supply sony's service soft here... that is needed to properly boot/reset faulty units.

Also some ppl say new firmware make it dull on bass etc. Did you guys really tried both units old/new soft? I did so and there is a little difference on plus... but the most improvements better flac support (hi res/frq/sq) and some app/sys batt. draining issues. 

Best regards and good luck...
ex sony engineer.

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #1,184 of 2,024
Quote:
Hi all. Go to SystemSettings->About device->Status

Now, is the serial number "unknown"? If yes, did you buy yours from somebody selling units straight from factory (sony=Malaysia)? Is your model NW-F800Series, kernel 2.6.39.6 build 1.01?

That is mean it has not been set correctly in factory. There is boot sequence to be done on newly assembled units like "end settings" that set regions/languages and so on. Yours isn't done correctly by some technician in factory. Don't think anybody will supply sony's service soft here... that is needed to properly boot/reset faulty units.

in short, its what turok said, its hopeless! =)

thanks for the good info though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back