Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Dec 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #1,037 of 2,024
Quote:
error code? so it's actually available but you can't download it?

No, I am able to download to both the pc and directly thru wifi to the F, just the update gives error while trying to install....

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #1,038 of 2,024
And is there a possibility to download the Firmware to PC and install it via cable? Not via wi-fi. I'm wondering if it's possible to install Japanese or US firmwares on EU version of the player and thus to compare. Do you know any download links?

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #1,040 of 2,024
Quote:
@turok: weird, did you root the walkman? And obviously you've tried a few times right?
@graviton: no, because they will verify the update before installing

Nope, 12 times thru Wifi and 6 times on the PC!
Time to leave it for tomorrow and head to bed...

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #1,042 of 2,024
Quote:
where did you buy yours? And did they give any other message other than 'error 11'?

"Failed to update the system software to version 1.10. (Error code: 11)"

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #1,043 of 2,024
sorry, but i can't help with that.

to be honest, so far I can't see any major change from this update, so it's not that big of a loss for you

btw, translated from Japanese site - http://gpad.tv/update/sony-walkman-nwf805806807-20121205/ :

This update includes
  1. 「W.Music」can create playlist
  2. 「Video player」can play video vertically and can play continuously
  3. 「Direct recording」 new application
  4. 「Bluetooth connection setup」new application
  5. Videos recorded from Sony blu-ray recorder/ BRAVIA HDD/nasne can be played in the walkman
  6. Expansion of sound effect scope
  7. Change of contents in equalizer and surround (VPT)
  8. 「Clear phase」is now usable in MDR-NWNC200
  9. KDDI au Android application「au smartpass」

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #1,045 of 2,024
Quote:
me I was the same, but with the 1.10 update and now I get corrected inits original quality.

a highlight of the upgrade is the clear bass and has to remove and not only to put

what do you mean by this, bro? also, how to update the F? haha... sorry im noob at these kinds of things!

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #1,046 of 2,024
Quote:

Can you post a screen capture of some examples.
It Is advisable to use a 600x600 -> 1200x1200 max, more will be useless (except for the new retina display macs)

i mostly use 600x600, but i just tried a super big resolution ( tried using a high-res wallpaper, not an album cover) to see if it will improve or not haha

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #1,047 of 2,024

Quote:

what do you mean by this, bro? also, how to update the F? haha... sorry im noob at these kinds of things!

I'm wondering if he means that you can lessen bass with Clear Bass now, once the update is done. I intend to try doing mine this evening over home wifi... I'll see how the stock player is affected. Looking forward to playlists!!!

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #1,048 of 2,024
sooooooooo how do i apply the update? only through wifi? and it prompts automatically?

i wish i can download it using the computer and apply the update without using wifi...

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #1,050 of 2,024
thanks. i want that playlist function and thats the only thing i needed for the update, and decreasing bass in the walkman F... is odd for me, since the F is not bassy at all haha.. but its good for one who owns a bassy headphone i guess.

i wonder if the "improved" battery life is true... maybe it only applies for mp3 format or something.

also, can we root the walkman F? i feel like removing some bloatware that we cant use since were from outside japan haha... but maybe i can try using them whenever i go to japan though xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back