Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Nov 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #796 of 2,024
Quote:
Congratulations, looks nice.

loving it very much, nice quality build item.
now i need a tube amp
dt880smile.png
 to pair my f baby with my speakers.
deciding which to buy :p

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #799 of 2,024
Hi guys!
Can anybody help me with the information about differences between Japanese and European versions of Sony F-800?

The word is that due to Europe's volume capping law, Sony uses an incredibly high impedance headphone output on European models, which makes them sound much worse (major treble roll off and poor results with balanced armatures, in addition to the very low max volume).
Avoid.

Speaking of which, any one managed to get their F800 on RMAA yet?

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #800 of 2,024
anyone tried charging the F using a wall charger? example that usb to wall charger from apple and connect the sony usb cable or something like that?

i hope im clear lol... really sick atm

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #801 of 2,024
anyone tried charging the F using a wall charger? example that usb to wall charger from apple and connect the sony usb cable or something like that?

i hope im clear lol... really sick atm

It works (I tried with a Samsung universal travel adaptor head), but I'm not certain about any voltage differences or amperage differences that could potentially cause damage. Sony's own staff said it's perfectly fine though.

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #802 of 2,024
thanks! i really dont want to use my computer and do nothing beside charging the F, so i wondered if other external chargers (i have apple and the one that came from T51) also works with the F without causing any problems.

cheers,

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #803 of 2,024
thanks! i really dont want to use my computer and do nothing beside charging the F, so i wondered if other external chargers (i have apple and the one that came from T51) also works with the F without causing any problems.

cheers,

I use the Walkman usb charger from Sony.I advise to be cautious when using the T51 charger other than the T51.

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #805 of 2,024
Quote:
I have both, and usually use them with Sony 7550 IEMs.

I think the biggest improvement the F series has over X is the almost non existent background hiss and the ability to play FLAC files. And obviously it has Android system, so if multimedia is important to you then the F series is no brainer.

Other than that, the X has a thicker, slightly more organic sound to my ears, but smaller soundstage. I find it sounds nicer with vocals, especially jazz.
F is more flat but sounds awesome with string instruments. 

To me, the sound signature difference is more than actual sound quality improvements. 

Both hisses with BA IEMs. It doesn't hiss with my dynamic IEMs (EX1000, EX600, IE80.)

Still having trouble with battery life, keeps dying before my iPod. Wish there was super simplified OS, I don't even use apps anyways. Still need a case though haha.

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #806 of 2,024
Quote:
Both hisses with BA IEMs. It doesn't hiss with my dynamic IEMs (EX1000, EX600, IE80.)

Still having trouble with battery life, keeps dying before my iPod. Wish there was super simplified OS, I don't even use apps anyways. Still need a case though haha.

I think the claimed battery life is really overstated.  One needs to run off GPS, Wifi, Blacklight, and minimize the screen up time to get those advertised number.  Still, the battery life isn't bad compared to the Z1070.  I still love mine.

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #807 of 2,024
Quote:

I hear very little hiss with EX800st, but so little its negligible anyway. Haven't tried with any BA IEMs yet, stopped liking them for awhile =P

My battery life isn't half bad; I play 320kbps/FLAC files with the built in noise cancelling on for like 5-6 hours a day, and battery drops about 25%. Overnight drops about 2% on standby. The advertised battery life is pretty accurate IMO.

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #809 of 2,024
Thank you for the reply. Will try it.

I was under the impression, I had to convert video files to approved formats by the player. I didnt think of trying another media player and loading the files as is.

Nov 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #810 of 2,024
Thanks for all the impressions everyone.....convinced me to get out of the woodworks to grab one for myself (either next time I go to Japan or have someone coming back from there, Japan Post doesn't like lithium batteries).  Deciding between the blue or the gun metal Sony store exclusive for the 807.  Planning to run this bad boy with an amp setup (my first portable amp setup) and was thinking of a LOD to Pico Slim.  Should be running these with Shure e5c, se530, se535 and also the Westone 4R.  I see from some of the feedback that the headphone out is already nice....but I'm sure a dedicated quality amp will bring out more portential from these IEMs.  Let me know what you guys think.  Keep the impressions comin!

P.S.  Been an android fan for awhile, so the transition should be easy .=)

P.S.  BTW, anyone have any suggestions other than the ebay LOD or the L5 from Fiio?  Is the ALO LOD that much better built?  Any feedback there would be nice as well thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back