Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Nov 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #751 of 2,024
After reading from the first page, looks like i need to upgrade my portable Player to one of these ..........

@alexlow can you email your email address to me. My PM quota is all used up today  .........

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #752 of 2,024
just got my 64GB from alexlow. Great little thing! About to order JH16s as all my portables are good, but I suspect some high end CIEMs would do this thing justice.

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #754 of 2,024
http://pur.store.sony.jp/Qnavi/Purchase/CKS-NWF800/?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

finally japan selling the case , whoppy. just bought one
beyersmile.png

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #755 of 2,024
Quote:
Recently got my F805. Before I had doubts that the blue might look a bit feminine, but once I got it in my hands, I really do think its a beauty. 

Sound quality wise I wouldn't say its much better than X1060, but rather different approach. 
X1060 is more organic and lush, great for long listening sessions, but at the cost of more confined soundstage.
F805 is more neutral, greater soundstage, but sometimes i miss the dynamics of X1060.

I insisted on buying the Japanese version is because of the noise cancelling and of course the color choices. Noise cancelling works quite well for school environment as it effectively drowns out most of the humming and buzzing from computers yet I can still hear people when they talk to me. 

To my surprise, the noise cancelling headphones that comes with F805 also works on the X1060 (which isn't listed on the Sony jp website). And to be honest, I don't think the stock headphones are half bad, it sounds fine for on the go, maybe just a little crowded soundstage thats all. 

Some pics!

just about to place my 807 order
o2smile.gif
. can't decide which colour to go for....black was my first choice but the blue above looks now soooo tempting! black or blue? help!

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #756 of 2,024
Quote:
o2smile.gif
. can't decide which colour to go for....black was my first choice but the blue above looks now soooo tempting! black or blue? help!

All my past devices have been black, so I decided to go for something more lively! The blue looks great, no regrets at all. =D

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #757 of 2,024
just about to place my 807 order :o2smile: . can't decide which colour to go for....black was my first choice but the blue above looks now soooo tempting! black or blue? help!

[COLOR=FF00AA][COLOR=FF00AA]Blue[/COLOR][/COLOR]....Blue[COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR]

Nov 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #758 of 2,024
Quote:
o2smile.gif

think I may go for the blue over the Ltd.Ed model... my Wm-Z is more 'claret' in colour than red... the 'light blue' colour kinda matches my footie-teams.

Claret & Blue Walkmans, thank-you Sony... 'up the Hammersssssssss'

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #760 of 2,024
Hi,

I've been looking around for a DAP for a while now and was starting to look in to the F800 series Walkman when this topic on Head-Fi lured me in and made me register. Liking the site and forum so I'll be staying around for a while.
bigsmile_face.gif

The more I read this topic the more I start to think about getting the 64GB (f807) version from Japan. For a lot of reasons, storage and noise canceling being 2 of them.

A few things I'm a bit worried about are the charger for the battery ( is this wall socket to USB? ) and the warranty.
Will Sony Europe deal with warranty issues? Probably not I guess.

I'm in Europe/the Netherlands and was wondering if anyone could share their experience. PM me if you think this would be to off-topic.

I would like to thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this device. It has motivated me to get a new Walkman, maybe not sooner then next year but still...

Because of this thread and the website I decided that crapy sound is not the way to enjoy music on the road anymore.
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #761 of 2,024
Hi,

I've been looking around for a DAP for a while now and was starting to look in to the F800 series Walkman when this topic on Head-Fi lured me in and made me register. Liking the site and forum so I'll be staying around for a while. :bigsmile_face:

The more I read this topic the more I start to think about getting the 64GB (f807) version from Japan. For a lot of reasons, storage and noise canceling being 2 of them.

A few things I'm a bit worried about are the charger for the battery ( is this wall socket to USB? ) and the warranty.

Will Sony Europe deal with warranty issues? Probably not I guess.

I'm in Europe/the Netherlands and was wondering if anyone could share their experience. PM me if you think this would be to off-topic.

I would like to thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this device. It has motivated me to get a new Walkman, maybe not sooner then next year but still...

Because of this thread and the website I decided that crapy sound is not the way to enjoy music on the road anymore. :bigsmile_face:

Any normal USB charger will charge it , just you have to use the USB->WM-port cable that comes with the F807.
Welcome to the club.

Nov 10, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #764 of 2,024
i use these people

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/iPods-MP3-Players-/73839/i.html?item=221151234767&LH_BIN=1&pt=Other_MP3_Players&hash=item337da40acf&_ssn=shopping-in-japan

but place the order direct with their website to save a few £

http://www.shoppinginjapan.net/

used them for my 1070 too back in march. from placing the order to delivery, zero complaints all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back