Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Nov 6, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #736 of 2,024
reposted from WM-Z thread.....

Quote:
For those who don't already know, Sony will update the Walkman Z series to Android 4.0 in mid Dec

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/info2/20121106.html

Thanks for that hkppl...
beerchug.gif

English Version... looks like some serious updating of both WM-Z & WM-F.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sony.jp%2Fwalkman%2Finfo2%2F20121106.html&act=url

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #737 of 2,024
Nov 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #740 of 2,024
Bought on the launch date (27th Oct) of the Fseries in Japan, BIC CAMERA... F807 pink, silcon cover and NWX500B speaker with WM port dock.

Comparison of the Z and F... The bass like wat others mentioned which is heavier in Z but there is more air (mid and highs) in the F that I like better.
The screen quality also differs as seen from the photo, the F uses a warmer colour output than the Z. Z gives a more accurate colour.
The ram seems to be more in Z.

Set Z on the speaker dock.

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #741 of 2,024
Recently got my F805. Before I had doubts that the blue might look a bit feminine, but once I got it in my hands, I really do think its a beauty. 

Sound quality wise I wouldn't say its much better than X1060, but rather different approach. 
X1060 is more organic and lush, great for long listening sessions, but at the cost of more confined soundstage.
F805 is more neutral, greater soundstage, but sometimes i miss the dynamics of X1060.

I insisted on buying the Japanese version is because of the noise cancelling and of course the color choices. Noise cancelling works quite well for school environment as it effectively drowns out most of the humming and buzzing from computers yet I can still hear people when they talk to me. 

To my surprise, the noise cancelling headphones that comes with F805 also works on the X1060 (which isn't listed on the Sony jp website). And to be honest, I don't think the stock headphones are half bad, it sounds fine for on the go, maybe just a little crowded soundstage thats all. 

Some pics!

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #742 of 2,024
Quote:
Recently got my F805. Before I had doubts that the blue might look a bit feminine, but once I got it in my hands, I really do think its a beauty. 

Sound quality wise I wouldn't say its much better than X1060, but rather different approach. 
X1060 is more organic and lush, great for long listening sessions, but at the cost of more confined soundstage.
F805 is more neutral, greater soundstage, but sometimes i miss the dynamics of X1060.

I insisted on buying the Japanese version is because of the noise cancelling and of course the color choices. Noise cancelling works quite well for school environment as it effectively drowns out most of the humming and buzzing from computers yet I can still hear people when they talk to me. 

To my surprise, the noise cancelling headphones that comes with F805 also works on the X1060 (which isn't listed on the Sony jp website). And to be honest, I don't think the stock headphones are half bad, it sounds fine for on the go, maybe just a little crowded soundstage thats all. 

Some pics!

Thanks for your impressions.  I can understand that some may prefer the warmer tonality but the F807 is able to convey greater sense of dynamics compared to my X1060.  In fact, all newer S-master chip has this advantage over the old one.  However, all of us hear differently, but beside this point...I'm in agreement with your findings.

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #743 of 2,024

Some pics!

Welcome to our army. It really looks nice.
Congratulations.

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #744 of 2,024
Bought on the launch date (27th Oct) of the Fseries in Japan, BIC CAMERA... F807 pink, silcon cover and NWX500B speaker with WM port dock.

Comparison of the Z and F... The bass like wat others mentioned which is heavier in Z but there is more air (mid and highs) in the F that I like better.
The screen quality also differs as seen from the photo, the F uses a warmer colour output than the Z. Z gives a more accurate colour.
The ram seems to be more in Z.

Set Z on the speaker dock.

I would like to know which you prefer after some time, and why.
Congratulations, this speaker looks nice, but sound wise?

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #745 of 2,024
for jh13 i prefer f807 to tame the overwhelming bass. bass is clearer after i change to Twag and f807.
speaker is their flagship product featuring magnetic fluid, and 2.1 system. after testing all their speakers. this is the onlyonewith deepest bass that i liked. the others sound likelaptop speakersin comparison. it is also loudest. i mainlyused it for sleeping and to calm mychinchilla at night. however it doesnthv sparkling highs.

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #746 of 2,024
I want the blue F807, if not the gunmetallic one... Really...

I'm pretty sure the Z10x0 series has only 512MB of RAM like the F80x...

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #747 of 2,024
Quote:
I want the blue F807, if not the gunmetallic one... Really...
I'm pretty sure the Z10x0 series has only 512MB of RAM like the F80x...

Yes, the two models have the same amount of RAM at 512 MB.  The Z is more sluggish though.  Hoping for an ICS update soon.

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #748 of 2,024
Quote:

Some pics!

Congrats on picking up the F805! Your Sony collection there is exactly the same path I've taken. Cool to see the A829 along with the X & F series.... My brother has my old A829 for his dap now- still going strong.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #749 of 2,024
Quote:

Thanks for your impressions.  I can understand that some may prefer the warmer tonality but the F807 is able to convey greater sense of dynamics compared to my X1060.  In fact, all newer S-master chip has this advantage over the old one.  However, all of us hear differently, but beside this point...I'm in agreement with your findings.

What I meant by dynamics is that the F805 has less bass than the X and just in general sounds more flat. I do agree, however, that the micro dynamics (volume and decay of individual instruments) is much better with F805. 

Thanks Turokrocks and cn11! I actually owned 2 Z1060s before and somehow both had a high pitched whine with the music off, so I ended up returning them. Plus the screen is way too big for me. When Sony announced the F series it's like the perfect device for me!
The A829 is a beast- I've dropped it many times, and drained the battery easily a hundred times because I use it in my car, and it still works like a charm. 

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #750 of 2,024
Quote:
What I meant by dynamics is that the F805 has less bass than the X and just in general sounds more flat. I do agree, however, that the micro dynamics (volume and decay of individual instruments) is much better with F805. 

Thanks Turokrocks and cn11! I actually owned 2 Z1060s before and somehow both had a high pitched whine with the music off, so I ended up returning them. Plus the screen is way too big for me. When Sony announced the F series it's like the perfect device for me!
The A829 is a beast- I've dropped it many times, and drained the battery easily a hundred times because I use it in my car, and it still works like a charm. 

I think the bass on the F has more quantity than the X, but not by much.  However, it is much tighter and slightly more robust.  The Z has more explosive bass though as well as the A Walkman.  I love the form factor on the F as well as the Z is just too big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back