Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Nov 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #721 of 2,024
Yeah, not a 100% in favor of review for sure, but I did link to it on the first page a while back because it was a fair observation, and worth others' reading to form their opinion. She definitely concluded by saying that it offers stellar audio performance, which is why we are all enjoying it obviously. 

If anyone finds more reviews as time goes on, please post about them and I'll update the first post.

Nov 5, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #722 of 2,024
Is the F807 White supposed to be plastic? It definitely isn't metal. Has a glossy sparkling back rather than a black, matte back.

Also, probably nitpicking, but it seems to have come used. 47.7GB/55.8GB left w/ pre-loaded music files and such. Pre-loaded movies too. Not sure if it comes out of the factory that way, though wouldn't seem like it. No setup either.

Ordered through alexlow.

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #723 of 2,024
When I say not a good review I meant that the reviewer didn't really touch on a lot of things that seem important to me, but ... well. Yes, it's true. A Walkman in this day and era will not have very favorable views in light of how the iPod Touch has become the apparent complete everything-in-one.

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #724 of 2,024
Quote:
When I say not a good review I meant that the reviewer didn't really touch on a lot of things that seem important to me, but ... well. Yes, it's true. A Walkman in this day and era will not have very favorable views in light of how the iPod Touch has become the apparent complete everything-in-one.

To be honest, Sony needs to add front & back cameras.  By doing that, it will matchup with iPod Touch very very well.  The F thickness can be 1/4" thicker and it still be very portable.

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #725 of 2,024
It could be slimmer and pack more RAM and a much larger screen... But do I want it to be slimmer? No.

Do I want cameras on my music player? No.

I'd rather have physical control keys instead. That's much more important.

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #726 of 2,024
Quote:
It could be slimmer and pack more RAM and a much larger screen... But do I want it to be slimmer? No.
Do I want cameras on my music player? No.
I'd rather have physical control keys instead. That's much more important.

My point was if they add camera then their Andriod Walkman lines will not be lacking in features compared to iPod and people will pay more attention to Sony.  Yes, I would love the physical buttons too.  

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #727 of 2,024
Couldn't hurt to add a haptic motor too...

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #728 of 2,024
and a tea/coffee-maker... may as well go the whole hog
wink_face.gif

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #729 of 2,024
Quote:
Sony F walkman will never earn top review as most reviewers will ditch the F high price & lack of front & back cameras unless he/she values excellent sound quality.  The F is built for music enthusiast first and apps later.

not to mention some people might compare it with android phones lol

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #730 of 2,024
Quote:
 not to mention some people might compare it with android phones lol

Yup, in that case ...the reviews will continue to trash talk our walkman.  Is the F walkman to your liking?  How does it compares to your mighty DX100?  Love to hear more impression.

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #731 of 2,024
Quote:
Is the F807 White supposed to be plastic? It definitely isn't metal. Has a glossy sparkling back rather than a black, matte back.

Also, probably nitpicking, but it seems to have come used. 47.7GB/55.8GB left w/ pre-loaded music files and such. Pre-loaded movies too. Not sure if it comes out of the factory that way, though wouldn't seem like it. No setup either.

Ordered through alexlow.

is empty initially, every units i'll uploaded some files to make sure everything working good before deliver, ems postage aint cheap so better safe than sorry. you can format/delete it tho. material & finishing wise you have to ask sony, i didn't decide it, lol

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #732 of 2,024
Quote:
Yup, in that case ...the reviews will continue to trash talk our walkman.  Is the F walkman to your liking?  How does it compares to your mighty DX100?  Love to hear more impression.

havent gotten it yet, maybe this week or next week :)

i still need to prepare money for the nasty tax from our corrupt customs officials =)

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #733 of 2,024
Quote:

Ordered through alexlow.

don't think Alex's good service comes into the equation (he's saving Head-Fi'ers serious bucks) as every WM comes with pre-loaded stuff... takes about 2mins to delete it all.

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #734 of 2,024
 don't think Alex's good service comes into the equation (he's saving Head-Fi'ers serious bucks) as every WM comes with pre-loaded stuff... takes about 2mins to delete it all.

+1

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #735 of 2,024
Hi guys, I have just found another awesome sounding music player for the F806 its called GoneMade music player.the UI is also pretty good and offers crossfade gapless and also has a well equipped equalizer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back