Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Oct 21, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #526 of 2,024
Quote:
Ouch, thanks Way.Is it because there is a lack of bass, or is it because it lacks dynamism (due to its neutrality)?

Sorry, I let my fingers get the best of me.  I very much dislike Hip Hop.  That's all I used to hear around me 24/7 in ridiculously outfitted cars where the stereo is easily worth twice as much as the car it's in and the implementation is done horribly.  It could also be that I really haven't heard any that I like since the Old Days of L.L. Cool J, Run-D-MC, 2-Live-Crew (that was tongue in cheek), etc.  That is when I could listen more... and where every 3rd word wasn't a curse word.  O'well... those days are gone... 

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #527 of 2,024
Quote:
Sorry, I let my fingers get the best of me.  I very much dislike Hip Hop.  That's all I used to hear around me 24/7 in ridiculously outfitted cars where the stereo is easily worth twice as much as the car it's in and the implementation is done horribly.  It could also be that I really haven't heard any that I like since the Old Days of L.L. Cool J, Run-D-MC, 2-Live-Crew (that was tongue in cheek), etc.  That is when I could listen more... and where every 3rd word wasn't a curse word.  O'well... those days are gone... 

Nope. Those music still exists, just gotta look deep.

Oct 22, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #531 of 2,024
you'll soon be like us Pondu... guess Way ain't into hip-hop, me neither

apart from 'live' music (agrees with 'The Man)... these Walkmans shine with acoustic, in fact it's hard to find a genre that they're not good with.

+1

The F is slowly replacing its bigger brother. The more you spend time with it the more you enjoy it, and the size is much better to carry than the Z. The Z still has the upper hand in punch and power to drive.

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #534 of 2,024
Quote:
+1
The F is slowly replacing its bigger brother. The more you spend time with it the more you enjoy it, and the size is much better to carry than the Z. The Z still has the upper hand in punch and power to drive.

So does this mean that perhaps the Z plays a bit stronger? Can you elaborate on this difference a bit?? Thanks in advance!

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #535 of 2,024
Quote:
Are there any diff with the EQ of z and f series?
ARGh!!! y izzit so hard

Yes there is , but please I am not going to say this is better than this, as it is a matter of personal taste, and what are you willing to sacrifice for ...

As I am still on medication (which is affecting my left hearing), I will leave others to comment for the time being.

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #536 of 2,024
Quote:

So does this mean that perhaps the Z plays a bit stronger? Can you elaborate on this difference a bit?? Thanks in advance!

To put it simple, Bass and I love the Z's bass better....that is all I can say for now (with my JH16 I loved the F more!!!!)

The F is a beast on its own, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE IT.

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #537 of 2,024
Quote:

you'll soon be like us Pondu... guess Way ain't into hip-hop, me neither

apart from 'live' music (agrees with 'The Man)... these Walkmans shine with acoustic, in fact it's hard to find a genre that they're not good with.

Yeah I know that, and that scares my girlfriend 
wink.gif

Quote:
Nope. Those music still exists, just gotta look deep.

The songs are good, I really like the first one.
Think I am also going to investigate.

Quote:
+1 , pondu will be on the VIP list
biggrin.gif
atsmile.gif
gs1000.gif

courtesy by ok-guy

Thanks Alex and Ok-Guy, this communityis really amazing!
Quote:
been enjoying my walkman too much since i got it until my ears got too 'sensitive' for music lol ><
anyone here applied a screen protector?

Clarko, you can find some decent (and cheap)screen protectors  on ebay.Iam planning to buy some.

Quote:
Got mine! Sitting there, next to me. Slowly loading with FLAC goodies! Putain, c'est bon!

Congrats for your purchase, can you please give us more details?

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #538 of 2,024
Where can I get a carrying case for the F807?  Mine has just arrived.  Super nice gun metal silver F807!!  Thanks to alexlow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back