Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Oct 18, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #436 of 2,024
To make it simple, I ditched MP3 completely a year ago.

I want to ditch MP3 on my Walkman too, but;
1. 32GB might not be enough
2. MP3 is far more bluetooth friendly

VBR0 is also nearly transparent as it does not lowpass.

Oct 18, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #437 of 2,024

After some tweaking now my player is up to go. I wasn't going to do a comprehensive review but after fiddling with it a bit this afternoon i'm thoroughly impressed and convinced that it deserves to have all the improvements it has over the Z1060 mentioned and listed. So I'm gonna do that. And will do some video clip to show off the improvements side by side too. I'll post it when it's done.

For a quick conclusion: it is everything Z should have been. Faster, easier to use, smaller, lighter, more portable. It still carries some drawbacks from the Z but fixed a lot of them too. Highly recommended.

Full sound quality impression & comparison (from my point of view) coming soon.

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #438 of 2,024
try this out turok, i like the visual effect that goes with the songs

Thanks Alex...will have to try it, but it needs to analyze the songs first...go Sony team

Ok-Guy...we should start a diary thread for Walkman

Diary of the "Walkman gang"
Or something.....

@Purk , you are the oldest member @head-fi?
Why not start it?

Ok-guy...why not?

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #439 of 2,024

After some tweaking now my player is up to go. I wasn't going to do a comprehensive review but after fiddling with it a bit this afternoon i'm thoroughly impressed and convinced that it deserves to have all the improvements it has over the Z1060 mentioned and listed. So I'm gonna do that. And will do some video clip to show off the improvements side by side too. I'll post it when it's done.

For a quick conclusion: it is everything Z should have been. Faster, easier to use, smaller, lighter, more portable. It still carries some drawbacks from the Z but fixed a lot of them too. Highly recommended.

Full sound quality impression & comparison (from my point of view) coming soon.

You rock...will be waiting.
Its amazing how it feels in the hand..
Congratulations.

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #440 of 2,024
Quote:
Thanks Alex...will have to try it, but it needs to analyze the songs first...go Sony team

Actually just press ok and keep going the visuals will start regardless lol.

Love the ink theme visual. this theme looks like something new from Z. need to double check.

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #441 of 2,024
Actually just press ok and keep going the visuals will start regardless lol.

Love the ink theme visual. this theme looks like something new from Z. need to double check.

This I know...but I think the tempo will not be in sync with the visualization.

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #442 of 2,024
After some days of use , I can confirm that the battery life of the F, is better than the Z, with a small margin.

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #443 of 2,024
both weight the same
deadhorse.gif

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #444 of 2,024
Oct 18, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #446 of 2,024
Quote:
Or something.....
Why not start it?
Ok-guy...why not?

Purk would be a great guy to start it or Way and then there's your goodself... we should plan it first, Now & Fortis could help with the Wiki.... we could also do with someone like Anak-Chan or Shigzeo from Japan to keep us informed of new developments.

I'm way too new & illiterate to start a thread of such importance & magnitude.
wink_face.gif

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #447 of 2,024
Quote:
Or something.....
Why not start it?
Ok-guy...why not?

Quote:

Purk would be a great guy to start it or Way and then there's your goodself... we should plan it first, Now & Fortis could help with the Wiki.... we could also do with someone like Anak-Chan or Shigzeo from Japan to keep us informed of new developments.

I'm way too new & illiterate to start a thread of such importance & magnitude.
wink_face.gif

I'll give that to Turok or Waytoocrazy. 
L3000.gif
 I will chime in with my impression though. :)  To think of it, Turok deserves to be the go-to-guy given his enthusiasm.  Plus he has been very helpful and continue to drag us along this journey with him.  Heck, I have to thanks Alex & Turok with their helps obtaining the gun metal F807S.

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #449 of 2,024
both weight the same :deadhorse:

Wow, that's even lighter than the official claim of 100g...

Turok you might want to try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.h6ah4i.android.music_visualizer2&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5oNmFoNGkuYW5kcm9pZC5tdXNpY192aXN1YWxpemVyMiJd
I'm using it on my SII currently from time to time and plan to set it as a live wallpaper for the F806. It actually responds to the music the way visualizers should... based on frequencies, whereas Sony's visualizer needs the analysis first and really seems to just react to the overall 'mood' of the song... it goes faster or whatever when the song does... But has almost no actual correlation to it.

By the way guys, mine is supposed to come with an official "exclusive case"... they say it's specially for preorder launch units... I'll be sure to grab a picture.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #450 of 2,024
Quote:
To think of it, Turok deserves to be the go-to-guy given his enthusiasm.  Plus he has been very helpful and continue to drag us along this journey with him.  Heck, I have to thanks Alex & Turok with their helps obtaining the gun metal F807S.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back