Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Oct 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #271 of 2,024
Oh, hmm, I thought of something, is anyone who has, or will have a F80x able to run RMAA tests on it? I know just as much as the next person that synthetic, scientific machine tests are far from representative of what is appreciable to people's ears, but it'd be interesting to know nontheless.
Especially because GSMarena does RMAA tests for their phones and while the F806 (and indeed my S739F) are way ahead of any phone I've owned in headphone output, I'd like to see a raw numbers comparison.

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #273 of 2,024
There were only two reasons I wanted to have the iPod Touch. Because of the apps, and because I reasoned it'd be good to have at least one phone-sized iOS device around. But I've decided to forget about that and just hold on for a fourth generation iPad. Or something.
I'm anti-Apple.

Indeed for music they just can't compare to the convenience and sheer quality of Sony's players. Drag and drop wins iTunes any day.

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #274 of 2,024
Quote:
There were only two reasons I wanted to have the iPod Touch. Because of the apps, and because I reasoned it'd be good to have at least one phone-sized iOS device around. But I've decided to forget about that and just hold on for a fourth generation iPad. Or something.
I'm anti-Apple.
Indeed for music they just can't compare to the convenience and sheer quality of Sony's players. Drag and drop wins iTunes any day.

I already like you.......
rolleyes.gif

Spot on.

I got the Asus T700, Note, and the Z, and I could not ask for anything simpler to use..just copy and paste, and when you want to download something...the option is there.

But I am ashamed to say  that I feel tempted to get the new Ipod touch.

Please somebody save me.....

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #275 of 2,024
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Spot on.

I got the Asus T700, Note, and the Z, and I could not ask for anything simpler to use..just copy and paste, and when you want to download something...the option is there.

Well, I can't blame you.  The Touch interface and nice apps are quite nice.  I'm a big fan of it, but hate dealing with iTune.  Copy & past is much easier to deal with.

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #277 of 2,024
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Spot on.

buy buy buy buy

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #279 of 2,024

I've got an iPad around actually and using with it iTunes is troublesome, I get dupes in albums for any that don't have an overarching Album and album artist tag, for example, and the interface is crowded at times and much too small in some places. Plus I have to point iTunes at things all the time. And then, there's of course the fact that iOS devices wipe themselves if you want to connect to a new computer's library, which pales in comparison to how Android devices can work in MTP mode with just about any synchronization or music library player (Foobar, WinAMP, Windows Media Player...).
But even then, iTunes wins Sony's own Vita's Content Manager Assistant which is the worst file transferring experience I've ever had. Using a tiny screen to browse a music library in this manner is just awful.
Assuming iTouches can be jailbroken to support D&D however, I can imagine it'd be a lot less troublesome. On the other hand I know there are paid applications available designed to simulate the effect of dragging and dropping to iOS devices.
But if you have money to toss around, by all means, get one! It never hurts to have another player around, and it'd be great to have someone with that many players to compare.

Speaking of the ASUS TF700, I also have the PadFone and that thing sounds pretty great. Its PadFone station speaker is absolutely amazing too (except for the fact that it's mono). Snapdragon S4 audio hardware is pretty impressive for a phone SoC.

Well, I can't blame you.  The Touch interface and nice apps are quite nice.  I'm a big fan of it, but hate dealing with iTune.  Copy & past is much easier to deal with.

I think iOS is far too simplified and honestly gets troublesome at times, plus it's lacking in features. Again, the user-made apps are what draw me to it. And did I mention iTunes is a bloatware that I never touch save for syncing?

Understand stock player can now play FLAC files. Can someone confirm that it does also play gapless? I think it does it for ATRAC files? Can it do it for FLAC files?

I've never used gapless playback because I'm the type to pick music one by one using the Repeat Single song mode, and most of the music on my night-time Poweramp playlist is not FLAC. But I do know Poweramp is advertised to support gapless, but according to earlier pages in this thread Sony's official stance is that the F800 can only play gapless with linear PCM (WAV) and ATRAC (in Japanese models).

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #281 of 2,024
The new 64gb iPod touch is 399.99 in Canada. Regardless of the price, I am interested in this. I hope it's in stock soon. If not, I might just get Z series since it's on sale right now.

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #282 of 2,024
Anyone planning on rooting theirs? My guess is that it'd be similar to the Z-series' procedure, and I imagine it'd be easier to get a lot more out of the F-series with rooting. One thing I love to have is font changing for starters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back