Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Sep 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #211 of 2,024
No screen protectors or anything on it (not aware of any available yet), and I have it in my pocket sometimes around the house (cleaning & such), but when I do that I make sure there is nothing at all besides it in my pocket so it avoids scratches. Other than that, it goes in a padded Case Logic MP3 case, then in my backpack on the way to work. 

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #212 of 2,024
Quote:

For those curious about the LOD, here's the link http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.17.19.3ad562&id=9848615152& .
My player is blue, what's yours? =D

Interesting LOD with female connection to audio.  Does anyone know of a LOD combined with a USB for power?
I'd like to use this in the car, with LOD to car stereo at the same time as the walkman is being charged via usb?

walkman ==> adapter ====> LOD to car aux input
                                    +
                                ====> USB to car cigarette lighter/usb power

seems like a natural.  anyone seen this type of franken-connector?

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #213 of 2,024
Quote:
Which sony/amazon store? I checked it's not on USA, HK, and of course not Australia (where i am :frowning2: ). UK has the F805 but no chance I'm buying a 16G.

I got an email from Sony HK as I'm a member with them (I bought all my A8xx & Z1060 walkman there). They are having a "Sony感謝祭2012" event from Oct 4 to Oct 7. Apparently there will be pre-sale for the coming up products including F800 series. My guess is there is no 64G neither. But at least (for us Aussie customers) HK normally is the cheapest place to buy walkman. Sonystyle HK won't ship to Aus directly but there are other online shops or ebay or if you have a friend living/visiting there.

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #214 of 2,024
got a friend working in Japan, so I'll order it online and send it to him, he'll send it to me with some other stuffs early November 
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #215 of 2,024
has anyone compared the output to their phone? My Galaxy Nexus won't drive my headphones well enough for some genres. I can get away with Chesky's vocal albums, but for classical and even hip hop, it's underpowered. I'm hoping this might be good enough.

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #216 of 2,024
a couple of more questions as i play with this unit.

1.  is there an owner's manual?  i can't find anything other than a quick start guide or the embedded help file on the 806f.
2.  is there a way to change the line level output?  i'd like to increase it a bit if possible.

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #217 of 2,024
Hi

you will find the manual on the support part of any sony site but it seems they rushed to get it out as it is in fact a too generic manual

could anyone post realistic battery life on that on wav, mp3, flac and video ? trying to find out if it will be better life than the a800 series. My guess is if its the very same battery as a800 series it will drain out quicker - larger screen and android (running background apps etc)

and the gps does it work properly ? can it pick up satellites just like a regular gps ? can it update a positioning file ? can it work with offline tiles on google navigation / google maps ?

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #219 of 2,024
Quote:

lets just say, it pisses all over the iPhone5 maps

ok guy

thks but... "lets just say ?" thats too criptic!

Is this the best answer I can get ?

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #220 of 2,024
Quote:

the new IPhone-5 has major problems with its maps which has been well document on the internet... I only use my WM-Z for music so I ain't got a clue how the map thingy works, even if I was going somewhere I tend to know beforehand how to get there... and that really is the definative answer from me.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #221 of 2,024
Quote:
ok guy

thks but... "lets just say ?" thats too criptic!

If you want a real GPS, just pay $10 for "co-pilot live" on Google Play store and be done.  Google map is pretty sweet but it also has its shortcomings.  Since Sony walkman doesn't come with data connection, you will need to save maps during the offline navigation.  Co-pilot app really work great for me and isn't expensive.  Again, this is a superb music playing device.

Oct 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #222 of 2,024
ok great so I assume it will work with both google nav with saved tiles on buffer as well as sygic or any other dedicated non foto gps software

what about battery life can anyone rated it against the A series ? my bet is the F series will drain faster, whats your eval?

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #223 of 2,024
I don't have the A-series to test against, but I do have the X1060, and it does seem shorter than that. They claim 32 hours music listening time, but I highly doubt that. That must be with screen brightness almost all the way down, no wifi on, no running apps in the background, and figuring the listener just hits play and leaves the thing alone for that duration! It's not bad with wifi off and airplane mode on, but it's no X. Sorry can't be more specific right now.

Oct 5, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #224 of 2,024
Ok that helps a bit let´s wait for some others feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Back