Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Nov 11, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #1,996 of 2,024
your best bet would be to post it for sale in the source component forums http://www.head-fi.org/f/6552/source-components-for-sale-trade

but before you sell your F807 you may want to wait until you receive your A17 and have a chance to compare the two players

i've read in the forums here and seen in other online reviews by people who own both the A17 and either an F800,F880 or ZX-1 series player that the latter android based players have clearer resolution,more authoritative bass and much better soundstage.

granted we all hear different and as with any audio equipment YMMV depending on everything from your age to what headphones or iem's you use along with your primary musical preferences and so forth, but .if you sell your 807 now you may end up regretting it,whereas if you hold on to it until you have had a chance to familiarize yourself with the A17 then still want to sell the F807 that option is still there. i plan on pulling the trigger on an a17 later this year though will be keeping my F807 as it has  great synergy with my grado's (and all my headphones really) and ibasso d2+ boa amp/dac. either way I'm interested to know your thoughts on the A17 when you get it.

It is a very good advice indeed

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #1,998 of 2,024
I love the way the f807 sounds but I need more storage. Hoping the A17 isn't a big step down in sound quality. I should be receiving it tomorrow so we'll see. Thanks for the advice

LG D801

Let us know your thoughts here please. I'd like to grasp how it sounds next my F806.

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #1,999 of 2,024
Hey guys, for those how tried the line out of the player .. Does it skips the internal amping totally ?? I mean not a pseudo line out and skips the s-master amp

And there is two volume of playback: The music volume & master volume what is the recommended setting for that through the headphone out ?

Does the line out skips both of them or what ?

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #2,000 of 2,024
Not possible with the F806/7, you have to get the F886/7 or ZX1 and the PHA-2 or 3 for a complete bypass.  And yes, the WMPORT line out skips both control.

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #2,001 of 2,024
Not possible with the F806/7, you have to get the F886/7 or ZX1 and the PHA-2 or 3 for a complete bypass.  And yes, the WMPORT line out skips both control.

Your first part of your answer was about the digital out not the analog out ,right?

And i have an other question : While i do love the sound signature of the player , the treble is a little noisy not smooth or detailed it just not sound right .. And i saw in a review ( soomal) that the s- master circuit is the cause of that as he determine that too .. That is why i am thinking of a quality amp to solve that problem!

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #2,003 of 2,024
Yes, the F806/7 WMPORT line out is for analog only.  Also I suggest you look into the new NWZ-A15/16/17.

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #2,005 of 2,024
Thanks alot for your suggestion but i love the ui of this player and using jet audio player
smily_headphones1.gif

Than you may want to look into Practical Device XM series of analog amps like I did.

http://www.practicaldevices.com/

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #2,006 of 2,024
Than you may want to look into Practical Device XM series of analog amps like I did.

http://www.practicaldevices.com/

Oh .. Practical devices.. It was long time ago :D !! But what a respectable and very beautiful amps .. I am thinking about them but heard that RSAamps have better sound quality ...
now i am really considering the arrow head 5T ...it would make a suitable match also in size

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #2,009 of 2,024
  Anyone have a comparison between F806/807 and the new A17? Price for both is comparable. Like the screen size on the F807 better but not sure what to expect in sound quality difference.

okay ... i had before F806 for a long period and now A-10 i will try to make a comparison between both :

A- in terms of sound : 
1- F806 has forward sound ... bright and slightly (metallic) treble ... and i didn't liked the bass it seemed kinda uncontrolled to me.... but this player is the most one which gives me sense of clarity ... it is a really CLEAR mid-range
- the walkman app enhancements are not strong as the non- android walkman .... but always you can download what ever you want from apps !

2- A-10 : less forward sound - slightly more powerful - this player is very neutral and detailed and has more control sound and more accurate sound stage . 

B- all non- sound stuff !! : 
- battery : A-10 is far more superior nearly to Fand any Hi-res player out there !
- hardware controls : A-10 is better 
- UI :F800 is better of course it is android after all !! 
- bluetooth : both have it but the A-10 is way better with Aptx support and LDAC support .. and the ability to transfer files too ! which the F can't do !!
 - NFC : A-10 has it 
 - Digital out (via own sony cable ) : A-10 can .. F can not 
 - WIFI : here the F has it while the A not  
- with F you can download apps ... streaming the internet .. and all android goodness 

in my opinion the A-10 is a better sounding and over all player than F800 if you want to enjoy music only 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back