Sony NWZ-A810 Full Review
Jun 14, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #107 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoPants /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got my 818 today, I'm pretty impressed with the build and the included headphones (gasp), save for the overwhelming bass. But I guess sony was the one that started that whole fad so many years back with their ex-70 so long ago, so they have to push it on you

they are bundled headphones. i think the boominess is due to this. sony holding back a bit so people still buy the higher end phone.

Jun 14, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #108 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoPants /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I noticed that when I plug in the phoens when the player is off I hear some very very slight bg static, and I can hear the pop that denotes the presence of a circuit being completed. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if it could have effects on the battery life? Thanks!

insignificant.
as with all lithium ion players. don't leave in discharged state, the trickle combined with natural battery self discharge will damage it

Jun 15, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #110 of 110
Bought myself a Sony NWZ-A815 Walkman yesterday.

2" screen-smaller than the iPod nano's but still enjoyable for watching videos.

Appears to be made out of hard plastic and thedisplays is covered by glass.

Works with Macs-even if Sony doesn't support it officially and iTunes songs that have album art is retained and displayed on the player.
Cool Time machine shuffle feature.

Got it for $97-was down to that from $179 (a S615 was advertised in the Harvey Norman catalogue, but didn't have any in stock , so they did the A815 for the same sale price).

Can have videos played in landscape orientation.

The supplied headphones are Sony MDR-EX082 (a EX85 variant).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back