SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jun 5, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #4,801 of 7,541
Just as a transport...

Then you have only the advantage of DSD playback and the for sure nicer over-all design. The sound with compressed and FLAC formats should be nearly the same. I think the bigger advantages are in the amp section, which you will not use.

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #4,802 of 7,541
I prefer to just use drag-and-drop to the SD card in a card reader. For the small sized screen of the A10, it bothers me not if there is no cover art.

Without album art the 'cover flow' quick find facility for selecting albums by using the up down button is totally useless.

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #4,803 of 7,541

I prefer to just use drag-and-drop to the SD card in a card reader. For the small sized screen of the A10, it bothers me not if there is no cover art.

Without album art the 'cover flow' quick find facility for selecting albums by using the up down button is totally useless.

biggrin.gif
 i agree with you on that, all my albums are perfectly tagged with covers, except 8 cds from a boxset as big as a book so i couldnt sacnt e huge book to make a cover

Jun 6, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #4,804 of 7,541
:D  i agree with you on that, all my albums are perfectly tagged with covers, except 8 cds from a boxset as big as a book so i couldnt sacnt e huge book to make a cover

In this case you could make a photo of the book cover. That is what I do.
Btw. If I ripp the CDs with Media Go, the covers seem to work all the time.

Jun 6, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #4,805 of 7,541
On their website Sony states that the NW ZX2 needs 100 hours to really sound it's best. To me the same is correct for the A15. Mine has around 100 hours now and has really opened up now. It can now even drive my HD650 quite well. I think this small player is a real masterpiece.

Jun 6, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #4,806 of 7,541
I hate the Sony tagging system - I've dropped a whole library onto my player, but just over 500 of them are obviously using mp3tag v2.4 so are all parked in the 'unknown' folder - and I really do not want to go through manually trying to find out which tracks, in which folders, and manually edit them :frowning2:

Jun 6, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #4,807 of 7,541
I hate the Sony tagging system - I've dropped a whole library onto my player, but just over 500 of them are obviously using mp3tag v2.4 so are all parked in the 'unknown' folder - and I really do not want to go through manually trying to find out which tracks, in which folders, and manually edit them
frown.gif

Can't you just use a program like mp3 tag and do it in one go?

Jun 6, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #4,809 of 7,541
  where is that option in media Go? i have a checkbox that says convert when the device asks for it.

Using msuicbee i have disable that option too and i know it just works because it's blazing fast speeds

Just select the albums or the songs you want to transfer in your library, then drag them to "Wlakman " on the left side above the library with the right mouse key. When you see "Add to device" near the mouse cursor, just let go the right mouse button and select "Advanced transfer". All the options you need are there. 
wink_face.gif

Jun 6, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #4,810 of 7,541

where is that option in media Go? i have a checkbox that says convert when the device asks for it.

Using msuicbee i have disable that option too and i know it just works because it's blazing fast speeds

Just select the albums or the songs you want to transfer in your library, then drag them to "Wlakman " on the left side above the library with the right mouse key. When you see "Add to device" near the mouse cursor, just let go the right mouse button and select "Advanced transfer". All the options you need are there. 
wink_face.gif

Thanks i will try it out, i dont are installing nd de installing as i will soon be moving to windows 10 and i want to do a clean install. I will check it out.

Thanks it works faster now, like USB 3.0 card reader shall work

Jun 6, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #4,813 of 7,541
Well I just picked mine up for $270 CDN after tax.

Using this to replace my iPod Classic + iBasso T3. We'll see how it goes.

Hmmm, had the same idea. The A15 was to replace the older of my two Classics. Which I would sell at the then inflated market value. I've found instead the A15 supplements them, being better unamped.can't give up the iPods amped though (Graham Sleep Voyager, driving all my full sized phones & HD25 superbly; the iPod has the better line out).You may disagree.

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #4,814 of 7,541
These look like very nice players. I almost bought an a15? today.

I have just 1 question to Sony (& maybe other manufacturers):

Where.. is.. the.. clip..

How can you make a "walkman" without a clip..

A CLIP!!

Thnx in advance 

(sorry, but a carrying bag/purse, how to say it..sucks(and looks g@y), i like to clip the player on the inside of my "neckhole"(how do you say it) on my shirt )

(the sales-person informed me there was no clip, apologies if this info turns out to be wrong)

hehe =)

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #4,815 of 7,541

There is no clip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back