SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Apr 6, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #4,051 of 7,541
Do we actually have a list on which dac/amp is confirmed to work with the player?
I have seen ifi nano dsd and micro dsd,centrance m8 and the ha-2mentioned and confirmed to work with the player
Obv the pha series as well

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #4,052 of 7,541
Do we actually have a list on which dac/amp is confirmed to work with the player?
I have seen ifi nano dsd and micro dsd,centrance m8 and the ha-2mentioned and confirmed to work with the player
Obv the pha series as well

del

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #4,054 of 7,541
You need the sony otg cable to do it, all the non sony dac uses a different connection altogether

The ha -2 is confirmed by oppos team iirc , so maybe you can ask them

Well, they confirm this solution http://www.oppodigital.com.au/blogs/reviews-resources/17494769-using-the-ha-2-with-the-sony-nwz-a17
but to me it does not look convenient at all once I imagine this bunch of cables in my pocket

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #4,056 of 7,541
It however mean that it work, just not with your solution

That's why I have ordered the pha-1a instead
wink.gif

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #4,059 of 7,541
  That's why I have ordered the pha-1a instead
wink.gif

Yeah but!  the oppo ha-2 has a more powerful amplifier section than the pha-1a right?    For the same price and you can get the oppo today, not 4 weeks from now.  I dunno but the a17 sounds great with the right headphones, you know, 'portable headphones' which the walkman's were designed to be used with.   Just sayin.....

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #4,060 of 7,541

Yeah but!  the oppo ha-2 has a more powerful amplifier section than the pha-1a right?    For the same price and you can get the oppo today, not 4 weeks from now.  I dunno but the a17 sounds great with the right headphones, you know, 'portable headphones' which the walkman's were designed to be used with.   Just sayin.....

Yes, it has more power and I know how it sounds - it sounds very good but it cannot compete with a balanced pha-3 output.  

From the other hand, it is quite comparable with a single end of the pha-3 sound quality wise.
So the oppo was my first candidate for a real portable solution to drive Focal Spirit Pro, XBA-Z5 and Ultrasone Sig Pro. Hope that PHA-1a is capable to drive all these cans… it should, the only concern is the WM8470 since I got used to a sabre sound signature..

and yes, as an example, A15 sounds great with A2! 

Focal Spirit Pro sounds ok directly from A15 but once you plug them into pha-3 single output you hear the difference an don't want to go back to A15..

Oppo HA-2 still remains in my plans once I get all needfull cables and if the pha-1a does not give me the level close to the pha-3 unbalanced out.

BTW, pha-1a is available today on eBay from Japan 

Apr 6, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #4,061 of 7,541
I'm looking at buying a Sony Walkman NWZA -A10 on ebay from either Hong Kong or South Korea,

Does anybody know if the volume restriction only applies to players sold in Europe ?

Yes only Europe

Apr 6, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #4,062 of 7,541
  I've tried this cable I bought for my pha-3 to connect the A15 to OPPO HA-2 - does not work...but it does with the pha-3

You need to use the WMC-NWH10 cable and a regular USB cable for it to work with other DACs.  I can confirm that the WMC-NWH10 + A17 will work with the following DACs:  Headroom Amp/DAC units, Marantz HD-DAC1, Burson Conductor SL 1973, PS Audio Digital Link III, and Matrix Mini-i Pro.  I can't get the A17/ZX1 and the WMC-NWH10 to work with my NAD M51, Eximus DP1, and W4S DAC2.

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #4,064 of 7,541

I'm looking at buying a Sony Walkman NWZA -A10 on ebay from either Hong Kong or South Korea,

Does anybody know if the volume restriction only applies to players sold in Europe ?

Yes only Europe

Hi do you know if there are any counterfeit versions of this player been sold ?

I'm afraid to buy from hong kong because alot of the phones sold from there on ebay are counterfeit.

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #4,065 of 7,541

Yes only Europe

Hi do you know if there are any counterfeit versions of this player been sold ?

I'm afraid to buy from hong kong because alot of the phones sold from there on ebay are counterfeit.

I have never seen fakes of any sony walkman in my life thru ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back