SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jan 14, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #2,146 of 7,541
  Kinda like the A15 over my DX50. Worth to change?

if your ears like it yes
biggrin.gif
, dont know te UI bugs of a ibasso as i never owned one or the battery life of them

butcompared  to my fiio x3 is way betetr in SQ

especially this instruments and voices "traveling back and forth" between L and R channels was annoying (fiio x3) the sony fixes this i heard now on both channels, depending on how the MICs captured the sound waves, i was listenng to some loud organ works bt JL Krebs and some mid- and high pitch pipes were in both channels creating this "full 3D sound"

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #2,148 of 7,541
That's exactly what bothers me - if Sony sends me to add a proper amp to get my Grado 325 shine - why should I buy it? The size factor of this beauty is a critical advantage, to have an external amp on top of it? Go get an X5 and walkaround with one box solution with probably better sound....

As for your question I can tell you that I like my tiny C&C, but if you can afford better than that I would have pick the fiio E18.

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #2,149 of 7,541
That's exactly what bothers me - if Sony sends me to add a proper amp to get my Grado 325 shine - why should I buy it? The size factor of this beauty is a critical advantage, to have an external amp on top of it? Go get an X5 and walkaround with one box solution with probably better sound....

As for your question I can tell you that I like my tiny C&C, but if you can afford better than that I would have pick the fiio E18.

The A17 powers my Grado 325e just fine. Very loud and powerful to me.

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #2,150 of 7,541
Wow, that's great news,
Deep detailed bass as well?
My Samsung Note 3 drive them awful without an external amp,
Was worried that this would be the case with the new Sony,
I think I'll let go of the X5 and place an order....

Thanks !

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #2,151 of 7,541
Wow, that's great news,
Deep detailed bass as well?
My Samsung Note 3 drive them awful without an external amp,
Was worried that this would be the case with the new Sony,
I think I'll let go of the X5 and place an order....

Thanks !

That's what I did and never looked back. With ClearBass on the Sony has much better bass with the 325 than the X5. I like it.

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #2,153 of 7,541
I have a question about the European versions, according to the manual the AVLS can be turned off, if it is turned off then there's no negative influence on the sound, right? ...and if it's connected to an amp via the line out, is the volume cap still working?

Jan 14, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #2,154 of 7,541
I cannot seem to display albums with multiple discs in the correct order.

I have tried the following for the album folder.

(Disc 1) - Album Name 
(Disc 2) - Album Name

I have also done the following to the track names - 

1-01 Track Name
2-01 Track Name

Nothing seems to work!

If only this player would pick up the discnumber tag.

Can anyone please help and tell me how theirs is setup.

Thanks.

Jan 14, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #2,155 of 7,541
The player sorts on the tags, not the file names and folders!
You can put all your songs in one folder and it will show the correct albums.

So edit the tags, change the album tag like you changed the folder names.
You can use mp3tag for that, a very powerful program.

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #2,156 of 7,541
The player sorts on the tags, not the file names and folders!
You can put all your songs in one folder and it will show the correct albums.

So edit the tags, change the album tag like you changed the folder names.
You can use mp3tag for that, a very powerful program.

Thanks for your response.

That would then mean the same album appearing several times in the library depending on how many discs there are.

Surely that is not the only solution.

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #2,157 of 7,541
Change the album tag from disc one to "album name" disc 1 and the album tag from disc 2 to "album name" disc 2 like you did with the folder names. They don't t show with the same album name in the library.

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #2,158 of 7,541
Change the album tag from disc one to "album name" disc 1 and the album tag from disc 2 to "album name" disc 2 like you did with the folder names. They don't t show with the same album name in the library.

Thanks again much appreciated.

It would still be the same album though, just a different disc number would it not?

I cannot see why anyone would want an album appearing several times, just with a different disc number listed in their library.

As an example - 

Performance And Cocktails - Super Deluxe Edition (Disc 1)
Performance And Cocktails - Super Deluxe Edition (Disc 2)
Performance And Cocktails - Super Deluxe Edition (Disc 3)

The album Performance And Cocktails would be listed 3 times in the library, albeit a different disc.

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #2,159 of 7,541
I have been on the lookout for a replacement for my Sony NWZ-S639F16mb Walkman which I must say has been a great little player. I also have a NWZ-X1060 32mb which cost a lot more of course but I have not really used, the reason being on the move I prefer the press button operation over the touch screen. Also the battery life seems to be about double on the S639F over the X1060. As my Sony X is still in new condition (I love the build quality) I am thinking of replacing the X with the A15 16GB? Any thoughts or opinions on whether this is a good move. The bonus being I can play FLAC although unfortunately not gapless standard mp3. It looks a nice machine tho not in the same league build wise, it looks like it is going to offer double the battery life.

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #2,160 of 7,541

Thanks again much appreciated.

It would still be the same album though, just a different disc number would it not?

I cannot see why anyone would want an album appearing several times, just with a different disc number listed in their library.

As an example - 

Performance And Cocktails - Super Deluxe Edition (Disc 1)
Performance And Cocktails - Super Deluxe Edition (Disc 2)
Performance And Cocktails - Super Deluxe Edition (Disc 3)

The album Performance And Cocktails would be listed 3 times in the library, albeit a different disc.

I did not understand you point, that is perfectly normal for me as I gre with CDs f.e

Scarlatti Sonatas CD 1 (Kk 1-19)
Scarlatti Sonatas CD 2 (Kk 20-30)
Scarlatti Sonatas CD 3 (Kk 31-48)
and so on 'till
Scarlatti Sonatas CD 34 (Kk 81, 88-91, 287-288, 328)

if I understand you want to trasnfer a single album of let's say Scarlatti Sonatas for that you can use MP3Tag
then sort by Path (direcory) then by track No. and (if yyou have your tracks as 01- Sonata in G minor Kk 1.flac)you just do Numberin wizard and uncheck the Rset counter for each directory to get a sequential numbering and then remane the fle name to $num(%track%,2)- %Title% under the Rename file ased on Tags

step 1 sort by Track by clicking once (or twice) in the track column.

Step 2- sort by directory by clickig on the path column

Step 3 run the Autonumbering wizard and uncheck theReset Counter for Each directory checkbox

tep 4 choose the Tag-Filename to rename the files based on tags use the command you see there on the picture

The result

Users who are viewing this thread

Back