SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Dec 25, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #1,862 of 7,541
I wonder why Sony has that app. Merry Christmas too.

i wonder the same why media go for windows when you can do drang n' drop, i had content transfer for windows (now discontinued) and was way faster than drag n drop

Dec 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #1,863 of 7,541
Great the 128GB sandDisk microSd is working just fine, I think i got the "first" generation of that card (bought it in early 2014 wehn it costed like 200USD by amazon). works like a charm and worked fine with a Fiio x3

@georgelai57 

when i used my fiio x3 with the aforementioned card (sandisk 128GB, class 10 UHS I) got flawless flac playback, transfer speeds  a) inside the fiio x3 was arround 4 MB/s, B) VAIO's card reader like driving  a ferrari on a German autobahn 25 to 30 MB/s

a 24-bit/96KHZ flac album 1.40GB approx. took inside player like 7 minutes to transfer, using the card reader less than a minute, probably like 10 to 15 seconds

don tknow if georgelai57's mac has usb 3.0 or 2.0, My VAIO has all USB 3.0 even the SD card reader, older sandisk 2.0GB class 2 i think works even faster than when i used my old dell latitude!

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #1,864 of 7,541
I have a 2011 iMac with only USB2.0 and I shall go get an card reader and see if that is faster than Content Transfer.

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #1,865 of 7,541
Does anyone know if the A10 Series work/pair with Bluetooth Remote BRH10?
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/remote-and-handset-brh10/

I need to control play/pause remotely when it's paried with the pha-3.

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #1,867 of 7,541
which retail stores sell the sony a17 in usa besides the Sony store?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-NWZA17SLV-Walkman-Digital-Player/dp/B00OCJRX8C

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1081866-REG/sony_nwza17slv_64gb_walkman_digital_music.html

http://www.adorama.com/SONWZA17.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158NWZA17S/Sony-NWZ-A17SLV-Hi-Res-Walkman.html

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #1,868 of 7,541
About a week ago in one of Sony centers here in Kuala Lumpur I came across a great deal involving A17. Anyone who pays cash for A17 would get free Sony SRS-X5 bluetooh speaker. I played with it a little and it has some neat features and not bad SQ...nice bass...also read favorable reviews on it.

The price of the speaker itself is same as A15 and as such that was a tremendous deal...no dough at that time though and I didnt grab it

I went to the same branch yesterday and they no longer had the bundle deal on...bugger...

Sad I missed it so didnt get A17 either hoping there will be a similar deal in some other branch...will look around some more...

Dec 26, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #1,872 of 7,541
Has anyone try to amp. NWZ A17/A15?
Does it improve the sound significantly with external amp.?

With which headphones?   (I ask because the sensitivity of your choice of headphones is critical when comparing the 10mW internal amp to an external amp.)

Significant upgrade, the dac is rather cold clean and detailed. Perfect for amping.

With which headphones?   (I ask because the sensitivity of your choice of headphones is critical when comparing the 10mW internal amp to an external amp.)

If A17/A15 is used with external amp., will it sound better than HM-602?

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #1,873 of 7,541
Got A15 as a christmas present.  It's the EU version and overall I'm liking it a lot (it's my first high res player), but I do feel that for some albums a little extra power is needed even though I'm using low impedence IEMs. Any recommendations on what would a good amp for this be? I'm on a budget so I've been looking at the Topping NX1 and FiiO E11k. I've read the NX1 is a great "clean" amp but the FiiO, while probably a better amp, is a bit colder and that may not suit the music I listen to (mostly metal).

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #1,875 of 7,541
Got the A15 this week and have had a few days playing with it. Quite an amazing bit of gear for the price. In fact, when i bought it at MiniDisk in Sydney I was able to compare this walkman with its big brother the ZX1 which costs three times as much. I used a HD600 headphone for the comparison, and yes ended up buying the A15 based on sound. Plus the SD card slot was another plus.

Why the sound? Well to me the A15 sounded brighter and dynamic. The ZX1 was mellow and more "rounded" which didn't suit me as much.

I am amazed at the size. The bluetooth is excellent... I use it to connect to the stereo and the sound is good.

Flawless playback of the four hires formats I loaded at 96 and 192 khz.

Highly recommend although as somebody previously mentioned transfer speeds are a bit slow, this is more a one off inconvenience once loaded.

TonyAAA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back