SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Dec 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #1,846 of 7,541
I bought the uk version and it sounded dull and lifeless to my ears I think the volume cap was implemented in a bad way..I then pulled the trigger and bought the Japanese version and I soon as I listened to it I was blown away definitely better sounding and louder....Don't waste your money get the international version I use the Japanese version and it's so easy to use without the English menu ..just my thoughts mate

I've been saying this for the last couple of years now to not buy the Euro walkman as they do sound inferior to the Japanese & US units.  What you are finding out matched what I heard when I compared my A867 (euro) next to my A865(US) unit.  

Dec 23, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #1,847 of 7,541
  Don't know because i don't have this player (thinking on getting one soon) but with past sony walkmans they were easy to navigate blindly

Maybe it's because that I am not used to my A17 yet, I had a bit of trouble skipping songs while driving.

I seem to hit the top button more.

And is there a better casing for this besides the silicon one?

Dec 23, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #1,850 of 7,541

Maybe it's because that I am not used to my A17 yet, I had a bit of trouble skipping songs while driving.

I seem to hit the top button more.

And is there a better casing for this besides the silicon one?

Better cases i think, sadly, only sony japan... i know that's disappointing

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #1,851 of 7,541
Dec 25, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #1,854 of 7,541
Some headphones updates.  Been enjoying my Sony MDR-1A with my A17.  Looking for a decent cheaper pair for work that can be driven well by the A17 alone.
Finally got to hear if the MDR-1A will benefit with a better portable amp also.  Happy to say it wasn't very noticeable if at all.  Just confirming to myself that it's very well matched for the A17.  Very easy to drive.

Sony MDR-1R
Needs external amp likely.  Sounded horrible with the A-17 I thought.  Surprising really.

V-Moda M-100
Sounded muddled with the A17.  Seems like it had trouble driving it as it sounded noticeably better with an external amp.  Still not as good as the MDR-1A w/ A17 though.

V-Moda M80
Very nice.  A17 didn't have issues driving it.  Didn't sound as good the MDR-1A but I would be happy to settle for it.  Will have to look at its replacement in the V-Moda XS.

Senheiser Momentum
Meh.  Not impressed.  

PSB MU1
Disappointing as I could get a really good deal on a pair.  It's highly praised but the A17 can't drive it too well unfortunately.

Pardon my lack of details.  Love to hear of other recommendations I should try.

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #1,855 of 7,541
  Just downloaded firmware 1.1 for my A17 player.  Crossing my fingers it'll fix my occasional freezes playing flacs.  So far so good.

I kept getting errors and wasn't able to install the updated firmware on the unit.  Any suggestion?  I'm running Win7.

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #1,857 of 7,541
Guys, as far as I undertsand Hifiman HM-602 is far superior in sound comparing to SONY NWZ-A15 ? Also as far as I understand Sony A15 won't be enough for my SM64 with 96 ohms? Anyone who had both can compare them?

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #1,858 of 7,541
  Guys, as far as I undertsand Hifiman HM-602 is far superior in sound comparing to SONY NWZ-A15 ? Also as far as I understand Sony A15 won't be enough for my SM64 with 96 ohms? Anyone who had both can compare them?

I had the SM64 in the past and I know that they do need amplification. So I really doubt that the A15 can drive them well.

Dec 25, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #1,859 of 7,541
Does anyone find any difference between using the Sony Content Transfer app for copying music versus removing the micro SD card and just using a SD card (with adapter) to connect straight to a Mac?

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #1,860 of 7,541
Does anyone find any difference between using the Sony Content Transfer app for copying music versus removing the micro SD card and just using a SD card (with adapter) to connect straight to a Mac?

SD Card reader must be faster, really don't know if this walkman transfer speed goes beyond the sual 2MB/s in older walkmans

Merry christmas BTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back