SONY NW-ZX700
Dec 15, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #2,297 of 2,749
I updated my ZX707, seems a little snappier than before. Although it seems like Sony failed to implement Material You correctly as I can't change the system color accent. Mine is stuck on orange :frowning2:

Dec 15, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #2,298 of 2,749
I updated my ZX707, seems a little snappier than before. Although it seems like Sony failed to implement Material You correctly as I can't change the system color accent. Mine is stuck on orange :frowning2:
The menus and settings UI seem to have an orange/rust tint to everything. Really odd.

Dec 15, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #2,299 of 2,749
The menus and settings UI seem to have an orange/rust tint to everything. Really odd.
It’s a deal breaker for me. I cannot stand it.

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #2,306 of 2,749
20231218_155339.JPG

I just changed the wallpaper to this, and the accent colour changed with it. It's one of the wallpapers that comes with the android 13 update. The accent colour is linked in with the wallpaper. The colour here is a very light blue/purple. I'm using dark mode.

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #2,308 of 2,749
I've bought a NW-ZX707 from Japan but unfortunately the seller forgot to remove the passcode from the unit before the reset and now I own a nice brick. Because I don't have the original receipt Sony wouldn't fix it for me. Does anyone know how to get into recovery mode? I've tried different combinations of buttons but it just restarts. I know it won't remove the Google lock but at least I will have it in the original state so I can try some other options.
Thanks. I can't access any of that unfortunately. Only thing accessible is the wifi connection and the login screen. It doesn't allow me to go any further.
Did you ever figure things out? I just received an uncapped ZX707 from eBay and it's also locked by a passcode (which was never mentioned in the listing). I haven't heard anything from the seller so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back