SONY NW-ZX700
Apr 9, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #1,531 of 2,677
Singapore version : NO high gain
Oh gosh I just found out about this yesterday (luckily!). So NW-ZX707 is a big no-no for me then !!?!

Apr 9, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #1,532 of 2,677
Oh gosh I just found out about this yesterday (luckily!). So NW-ZX707 is a big no-no for me then !!?!
Just import a Japanese 707.

Apr 10, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #1,534 of 2,677
Why worry so much? Want to buy just go Malaysia like what @chocoboy said or you can do what I did and import from Japan. JPY is cheap now anyways.

Been using it everyday to and from work as my lighter 1Z replacement.

Edit: Besides, if I could buy locally, you think I wouldn't? :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #1,535 of 2,677
Why worry so much? Want to buy just go Malaysia like what @chocoboy said or you can do what I did and import from Japan. JPY is cheap now anyways.

Been using it everyday to and from work as my lighter 1Z replacement.

Edit: Besides, if I could buy locally, you think I wouldn't? :wink:
So true 😆

Apr 11, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #1,536 of 2,677
Has anybody hit the 200 hour burn in for balanced and single ended outputs yet? Just curious if anyone has and if they noticed any change in the sound. I don't do those one shot burn in, like let the DAP play for 200 balanced and 200 single ended in one go. I just use the player when I feel like listening to music, so I have about 40 hours on balanced and 30 hours on SE outputs. If there is a change to the sound it might be gradual and I'm not noticing any difference.

Apr 11, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #1,537 of 2,677
Has anybody hit the 200 hour burn in for balanced and single ended outputs yet? Just curious if anyone has and if they noticed any change in the sound. I don't do those one shot burn in, like let the DAP play for 200 balanced and 200 single ended in one go. I just use the player when I feel like listening to music, so I have about 40 hours on balanced and 30 hours on SE outputs. If there is a change to the sound it might be gradual and I'm not noticing any difference.
I have completed the burn-in for both SE (206 hours) and balanced (326 hours) outputs. Overall I can say the sound signature of both outputs has become stable and transparent. An obvious change on both ports is that I heard the bass lost a bit (it became flat and not punchy) during the time frame of 120- 160 hours, then the bass was back after that time frame and it then headed to a direction of stable and transparent sound stage. This process is similar to what I experienced on my previous ZX507 and ZX300.

I also feel that the SQ of the SE output of ZX707 is much better than that of my previous ZX507. The SQ of the SE output of ZX507 was muffled but the one on ZX707 has got a crystal clear SQ and it can compare with the SQ produced by the 4.4mm balanced output, just a tad behind because of the masking effect (sound signature not as dark as 4.4mm balanced, and also the instrument separation), but very close.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #1,538 of 2,677
I have completed the burn-in for both SE (206 hours) and balanced (326 hours) outputs. Overall I can say the sound signature of both outputs has become stable and transparent. An obvious change on both ports is that I heard the bass lost a bit (it became flat and not punchy) during the time frame of 120- 160 hours, then the bass was back after that time frame and it then headed to a direction of stable and transparent sound stage. This process is similar to what I experienced on my previous ZX507 and ZX300.

I also feel that the SQ of the SE output of ZX707 is much better than that of my previous ZX507. The SQ of the SE output of ZX507 was muffled but the one on ZX707 has got a crystal clear SQ and it can compare with the SQ produced by the 4.4mm balanced output, just a tad behind because of the masking effect (sound signature not as dark as 4.4mm balanced, and also the instrument separation), but very close.
Thanks for your impressions on the sound after 200 hours. My ZX507 balanced sounds nice, maybe a bit warmer than the ZX707. Even though I have more burn in hours to go, I'm really liking what I'm hearing from the ZX707.

Apr 11, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #1,540 of 2,677
what Shop would ship the NW-ZX707 to the US?
Do you mean how can you get an imported, uncapped 707?

I personally got it on FromJapan and bought it from e-earphones' shop via Rakuten. They sometimes have 7%-10% off sales every few weeks.

This is an example of the last 10% off sale I posted a few weeks back.

FromJapan ZX707.png

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #1,541 of 2,677
Apr 11, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #1,542 of 2,677
FromJapan via Rakuten has 7% off right now + coupon code.

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/japan/en/special/order/confirm/e-earphone:10033955/2_1/lgk-rakt_search

$7.50 off code: RA23041K2
Tempting!
I'm still waffling on the Fence over one of these since I have no experience with Sony DAPs. I do love Shanling House sound and have a battery coming for the M6 Pro 21 but now I have upgraditis. I'm not sure if the ZX707 is an upgrade, downgrade or sidegrade. At the moment I've got myself considering the 707, a Shanling M6 Ultra or Lotoo PAW6000. How's the the resolution on the 707 and how far behind the WM1AM2 would it be?

Apr 11, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #1,543 of 2,677
@holsen its a different type of presentation, rather than being far behind resolution the wm1am2. I think the reason to get Sony daps are for the timbre. I don't find Delta sigma implementations very appealing after being a sony user and r2r dacs for desktop use. I know some people like chord, but it doesn't have enough body/warmness/impact in the sound to be appealing for me.

Apr 12, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #1,544 of 2,677
Tempting!
I'm still waffling on the Fence over one of these since I have no experience with Sony DAPs. I do love Shanling House sound and have a battery coming for the M6 Pro 21 but now I have upgraditis. I'm not sure if the ZX707 is an upgrade, downgrade or sidegrade. At the moment I've got myself considering the 707, a Shanling M6 Ultra or Lotoo PAW6000. How's the the resolution on the 707 and how far behind the WM1AM2 would it be?
To add to your list of considerations, try the Hiby R6 II Pro. I would dare say it gives the 707 a run for its money, albeit it does run hot and the battery life is not as good.

As for 707 vs WM1AM2, the gap in resolution is not wide. The WM1AM2 is better but also closer the WM1ZM2 in presentation with a more grand kind of sound compared to the 707. I would say, consider first and foremost, will you be using it more on the go or more at home. The WM1AM2 is wider, thicker and heavier than the 707. Of course you get slightly more power and a larger battery.

If you can save for just a few more months, the WM1ZM2 might just be worth emptying the wallet for if you have a soft spot for warm sound signatures.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #1,545 of 2,677
Thank you to all of you who have given feedback and impressions publicly and through PM. I've decided to turn from the familiar and give the 707 a go! Thank you.
Now one more question. I notice when downloading the Sony Music Center this warning / disclaimer:

Internet Connection and IP address

User data such as IP address or device details are used when the product is connected to the internet for software update or for receiving third-party services.
For software updates, these user data might be sent to our update server to provide you a correct software update for your device.
If you do not want to provide such user data, do not switch on your wireless internet function or insert cable to connect to the internet.
I'm assuming there is no risk in getting an uncapped Japanese unit, then the software installing the Canadian capped firmware based on my IP address. I haven't read any reports but want to make sure. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back