SONY NW-ZX700
Mar 27, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #1,337 of 2,677
Use the windows/mac Sony music center application, there you can right click on the problematic album > properties > cover art > convert cover art.

I had to do this on both my ZX300 and ZX500 but it works 100%
Thanks for the quick reply. I will give it a try.

Is there another app that's preferable to Music Player? I had a Hiby device prior and it was capable of finding album art "on it's own". To be honest, I didn't look into where it found cover art.

Mar 27, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #1,338 of 2,677
Use the windows/mac Sony music center application, there you can right click on the problematic album > properties > cover art > convert cover art.

I had to do this on both my ZX300 and ZX500 but it works 100%
I was very hopeful, but the "properties" is grayed out. I've tried a dozen or so albums and none of them let me see properties on the directory. I can select properties on individual songs, but there's not an option for cover art when I do that.

Sorry to be so needy, I am usually fairly self-sufficient. I must be getting old.

Mar 27, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #1,339 of 2,677
Mar 27, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #1,340 of 2,677
I was very hopeful, but the "properties" is grayed out. I've tried a dozen or so albums and none of them let me see properties on the directory. I can select properties on individual songs, but there's not an option for cover art when I do that.

Sorry to be so needy, I am usually fairly self-sufficient. I must be getting old.
Sounds like you dealing with Protected Audio files, I’m at work at the moment and don’t have access to my Computer but later tonight or tomorrow I’ll reply back again and tell you the program I’m using to add cover art to my Flac files. I had several of them that had missing artwork and had to add them myself.

Mar 27, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #1,341 of 2,677
Is it just me or something wrong with my ZX707? Why others' ZX707 Walkman Widget on Home Screen is FULL 4x4 that occupied the whole width of the screen, but mine there just only 4x3 Option in the Widget that doesn't cover the whole width of the screen?

Can anyone do check your ZX707 out if this also happen to your ZX707?

0ded4a49-8cdb-4307-a930-49787bcdc7d3.jpg
This is bizarre, my ZX707 doesn’t show this widget reduced like this, can you remove it and re-added as a larger size?

Attachments

• 6C983655-52CF-4DDE-83CA-4D8CCB4EA9FA.jpeg
    6C983655-52CF-4DDE-83CA-4D8CCB4EA9FA.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 27, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #1,342 of 2,677
This is bizarre, my ZX707 doesn’t show this widget reduced like this, can you remove it and re-added as a larger size?
Yes, even I tried to remove and add it back, it always stick to the 4x3 Size which won't fully fill up the width of the screen, also I remember I first boot up the device, it already display the widget like that.

Are you using Japan Unit? which Firmware version you are currently in? for both the Walkman Version and the System Version, my Walkman app is on Version 3.0.0 (check it on Walkman Setting bottom page), System is on Version 1.00.12 (pull down the Notification Bar twice on bottom left side)

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #1,343 of 2,677
Yes, even I tried to remove and add it back, it always stick to the 4x3 Size which won't fully fill up the width of the screen, also I remember I first boot up the device, it already display the widget like that.

Are you using Japan Unit? which Firmware version you are currently in? for both the Walkman Version and the System Version, my Walkman app is on Version 3.0.0 (check it on Walkman Setting bottom page), System is on Version 1.00.12 (pull down the Notification Bar twice on bottom left side)
Same version numbers on mine and the widget runs the width of the screen. I have the W widget and Tidal widget on one screen. Maybe try adding another widget to see if that one will go in full width?

Mar 27, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #1,344 of 2,677
Same version numbers on mine and the widget runs the width of the screen. I have the W widget and Tidal widget on one screen. Maybe try adding another widget to see if that one will go in full width?
It doesn't work, when you go to Widget Selection screen did your Walkman Widget show its size is 4x3 as well? I think feel for those who got their walkman widget with full width is 5x3 size

Mar 27, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #1,345 of 2,677

Yeah my ZX707 is a Japanese version also running the same firmware version as yours 1.00.12

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #1,347 of 2,677
I recently purchased the ZX707 and am having an issue with album art. Using the built-in Music Player app, many of my albums show album art, but I also have a good number that do not even though there's album art, a .jpg in the folder with the music files. I've tried downloading new art from Album Art Exchange and have tried rebuilding and updating the database, but nothing seems to work.

If this has already been addressed, I'd appreciate a link to that content, I've looked but haven't found anything.

Thanks in advance,
Vince
From what I can tell, the 707's Music Player app ignores any album art jpg files in the folders; the art must be included in the file tags.

If that's not the case, I'd really like to know about it, as I have just spent a day and a half of computer time and about 2GB of additional space on my card embedding art in all my 30,000 Apple Lossless files!

Mar 28, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #1,348 of 2,677
From what I can tell, the 707's Music Player app ignores any album art jpg files in the folders; the art must be included in the file tags.

If that's not the case, I'd really like to know about it, as I have just spent a day and a half of computer time and about 2GB of additional space on my card embedding art in all my 30,000 Apple Lossless files!
I used to have problems with album art on my other Sony DAPs. What I found was that some albums that used progressive jpeg images didn't work. Once I converted the images to standard jpeg and embedded them, all my album covers worked. To save some space I also downsize images to 500x500 which look fine on these small screens.

Mar 28, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #1,349 of 2,677
I used to have problems with album art on my other Sony DAPs. What I found was that some albums that used progressive jpeg images didn't work. Once I converted the images to standard jpeg and embedded them, all my album covers worked. To save some space I also downsize images to 500x500 which look fine on these small screens.
Yes, progressive JPEGs definitely don't work for artwork on Sony players.

Mar 28, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #1,350 of 2,677
I installed AutomaTag on the device and perform all the tweaks there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back