SONY NW-ZX700
Mar 25, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #1,321 of 2,677
Can confirm there is some serious lag using it as USB-DAC. This is unfortunate but expected. If anyone knows how to reduce latency please let me know. Would be nice to only carry the NW-ZX707 as a portable bridge and not have to bring other dongles and stuff,.

Mar 26, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #1,322 of 2,677
Can confirm there is some serious lag using it as USB-DAC. This is unfortunate but expected. If anyone knows how to reduce latency please let me know. Would be nice to only carry the NW-ZX707 as a portable bridge and not have to bring other dongles and stuff,.
Afair there is an Driver for windows that is ment to reduce the lag.

In VLC and PowerDVD i use lag adjustment (-350ms)

Mar 26, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #1,323 of 2,677
Many DAPs have that same issue, not only the Walkmans, I have not found any ways to fix that so I always keep a small dongle inside the IEM case to use if I need zero latency when meeting, or watching films, ...

Mar 26, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #1,324 of 2,677
Hello, let me ask you a question about your Blessing 2 IEMs.
I am new to Moondrop IEMs and just got the Variations.
I noticed that the cable connection into the IEM comes off sometimes when I am handling the IEM.
Like when I am adjusting it in my ear or removing it.
When I connect it, I push in the 2 pin connector until I reach bottom.
But there is no click indicating some kind of securing the connection.
Is this normal?
Thanks !
Puertex
Off topic for this thread but I have the Variations and the 2 pin is quite tight. It doesn't sound right that the 2 pins are falling out. I would check to see if the connector in the IEM is cracked (and therefore loose). Hopefully it's the cable that is damaged as the stock cable is pretty janky to begin with. Damaged sockets on the IEM would require you to send them in to fix.

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #1,326 of 2,677
congratulation for the new device , ZX 707 and Apple Music sure what im really waiting for when Spotify is still lossy quality.
what is your battery life when streaming in Hi Res with Apple Music ? My battery life is not up to expectations , using Hi Gain , Hi Res streaming with Apple Music

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #1,327 of 2,677
what is your battery life when streaming in Hi Res with Apple Music ? My battery life is not up to expectations , using Hi Gain , Hi Res streaming with Apple Music
The more audio enhancement settings you turn on the lower your battery life will be and add that your also using WiFi to stream yeah you’ll be lucky to get a few hours, With my ZX-707 I get about 20 hours of usage between Apple Music and my own flac files using the Walkman app.
I keep my WiFi off , download lossless music from Apply Music, high gain on using the 4.4m balanced port and playing music from my SSD card and the Walkman’s internal storage, the only audio enhancement I have turned on it’s the EQ.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 12:36 AM Post #1,328 of 2,677
I found ZX700 series Miter case at Amazon US for $49.00. There were 4 colors shown in the pictures, but only black and blue were available for pre-purchase right now. The expected delivery date is April 23rd as of today, not sure if it would be later if bought on a later date. I bought it today.

BlackBlue
71WE1IOAA5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81t54nK9IEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
The 4 colors
61KmdIqugIL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #1,330 of 2,677
The more audio enhancement settings you turn on the lower your battery life will be and add that your also using WiFi to stream yeah you’ll be lucky to get a few hours, With my ZX-707 I get about 20 hours of usage between Apple Music and my own flac files using the Walkman app.
I keep my WiFi off , download lossless music from Apply Music, high gain on using the 4.4m balanced port and playing music from my SSD card and the Walkman’s internal storage, the only audio enhancement I have turned on it’s the EQ.
if you have downloaded the music from Apple Music to SSD card , do you still turn on the Hi Res streaming option ?

Mar 27, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #1,331 of 2,677
Received my DAP from Japan today.
Amazing synergy with Xelento Gen2. Now I desperately need 4.4mm cable :frowning2:
Attach files20230209_154159.jpg

Is it just me or something wrong with my ZX707? Why others' ZX707 Walkman Widget on Home Screen is FULL 4x4 that occupied the whole width of the screen, but mine there just only 4x3 Option in the Widget that doesn't cover the whole width of the screen?

Can anyone do check your ZX707 out if this also happen to your ZX707?

0ded4a49-8cdb-4307-a930-49787bcdc7d3.jpg

Mar 27, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #1,332 of 2,677
if you have downloaded the music from Apple Music to SSD card , do you still turn on the Hi Res streaming option ?
No I keep Hi Res streaming turned off, the Apple Music lossless files sounds quite good on their own and I couldn’t tell the difference between both options so I keep it off to save on battery.

Mar 27, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #1,333 of 2,677
Is it just me or something wrong with my ZX707? Why others' ZX707 Walkman Widget on Home Screen is FULL 4x4 that occupied the whole width of the screen, but mine there just only 4x3 Option in the Widget that doesn't cover the whole width of the screen?

Can anyone do check your ZX707 out if this also happen to your ZX707?

0ded4a49-8cdb-4307-a930-49787bcdc7d3.jpg
I only have 4x3 as well.

Mar 27, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #1,334 of 2,677
I recently purchased the ZX707 and am having an issue with album art. Using the built-in Music Player app, many of my albums show album art, but I also have a good number that do not even though there's album art, a .jpg in the folder with the music files. I've tried downloading new art from Album Art Exchange and have tried rebuilding and updating the database, but nothing seems to work.

If this has already been addressed, I'd appreciate a link to that content, I've looked but haven't found anything.

Thanks in advance,
Vince

Mar 27, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #1,335 of 2,677
I recently purchased the ZX707 and am having an issue with album art. Using the built-in Music Player app, many of my albums show album art, but I also have a good number that do not even though there's album art, a .jpg in the folder with the music files. I've tried downloading new art from Album Art Exchange and have tried rebuilding and updating the database, but nothing seems to work.

If this has already been addressed, I'd appreciate a link to that content, I've looked but haven't found anything.

Thanks in advance,
Vince
Use the windows/mac Sony music center application, there you can right click on the problematic album > properties > cover art > convert cover art.

I had to do this on both my ZX300 and ZX500 but it works 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back