SONY NW-ZX700
Mar 24, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #1,306 of 2,742
Or start listen music with them, immediately:unamused:.

F burn in:v: .
Hello, let me ask you a question about your Blessing 2 IEMs.
I am new to Moondrop IEMs and just got the Variations.
I noticed that the cable connection into the IEM comes off sometimes when I am handling the IEM.
Like when I am adjusting it in my ear or removing it.
When I connect it, I push in the 2 pin connector until I reach bottom.
But there is no click indicating some kind of securing the connection.
Is this normal?
Thanks !
Puertex

Mar 24, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #1,307 of 2,742
I just got the Final Audio A5000 and I found even it is driven by the single-end 3.5mm of the ZX707, it sounds amazingly good! Its SQ, especially the instrument separation is nearly on par with 4.4mm jack.

My IEMs didn't sound great when I use the 3.5mm single-end of my previous ZX507 to drive. They all sounded muffle and I could notice a huge difference from the 4.4mm balanced output. But the 3.5mm output of ZX707 completely changes my mind and removes my bad memories of the 3.5mm jack while I used my ZX507. Of course, the 3.5mm has less power than the 4.4mm so I need to turn the volume up to more than level 50-60 in average to drive the A5000 which is hungry for power.

IMG_5977.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #1,308 of 2,742
P_20230324_180621.jpg

My MIKU ZX706 just arrived at Wednesday, Just before I depart for my Resort Holiday at Thrusday!!! Feeling Lucky!

- ZX707 MIKU Limited Edition Japan
- XBA-N3 with MUC-M12SM2 Silver coated OFC MMCX to 3.5mm stereo upgraded cable
- MDR-1AM2 with Silver coated OFC Gold-plated L-shaped Stereo 4.4mm Balanced Cable

P_20230324_181553.jpg

My personal review:
- I am not an expert Audiophile, but I can really tell the difference between all my other devices (ROG Phone 6, Nintendo Switch, Rog Laptop, Dell Laptop with Maxx Audio EQ, etc), No matter how I try to adjust the EQ (from 3rd party software or Sony Music PC EQ), the other devices just never able to produce the same sound quality of ZX707 EQ, I think ZX707's Hardware really did show off its Capabilities on how it able to handle all kind of EQ without messed up the sound quality. In short, in all devices I have tried, ZX707 just sound way better in term of Bass Clarity, Instrument & Vocal Separation, 360 Surround Audio Reality Sound, Overall Sound Quality, etc.

- Battery Life for me feel so much better than ZX507, at least from my 2 days of outdoor usage I never I found a situation where I am worry about Battery % Percentages

- EQ in ZX707 is more than enough for me, They Sound so outstanding after I based on ZX507 Preset 'Excited' EQ to configure it. I hope it come with Preset EQ though but it don't, you have to Configure the EQ and save it settings yourself, it do allow you to save multiple EQ setting as your liking

- USB-DAC is a big plus for me, it allow my lousy Dell (Company PC) to sound like a BEAST, but the Audio Delay was extremely awful, it feel like delayed more than 1 second but for music enjoyment purpose it doesn't matter at all.

- It drives both XBA-N3 with 3.5mm upgrade cable and MDR-1AM2 with 4.4mm balanced cable without any issue, usually I play at 75% Volume, in some silent moment I find it 50 - 60% is bearable.

- Things I don't like about ZX707, I feel the software is kinda Unstable? I hit an issue Once and not able to reproduce, where the WIFI just auto turn off. Whenever I try to copy multiple Large Video File, it got cancel randomly, I have to copy one Video File at the time to ensure it won't cancel automatically. And sometimes when the copy process got cancelled, the Micro SD suddenly unreadable and need to unplug and plug it back to read the Micro SD card in PC again.

Overall, after I settled all Music and Video Transfer, I find no issue and enjoy the ZX707 with my XBA-N3 and MDR-1AM2 and able to enjoy it to the max.

My resort holiday was so damn blessed.

p.s. I enabled the Gesture Navigation through ADB too, so far didn't face any issue.

By the way guys, Would like to ask for Suggestions what are the MUST mobile apps that would enhance the ZX707 experience?

I plan to get MX Player Pro for it, I do see people talk about USB Audio Player PRO from time to time, but what does it do? is it really a MUST HAVE?

other than that, are there any mobile apps that you guys would highly recommend?

Thanks!

Mar 25, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #1,309 of 2,742
By the way guys, Would like to ask for Suggestions what are the MUST mobile apps that would enhance the ZX707 experience?

I plan to get MX Player Pro for it, I do see people talk about USB Audio Player PRO from time to time, but what does it do? is it really a MUST HAVE?

other than that, are there any mobile apps that you guys would highly recommend?

Thanks!
the reason USB Audio Player Pro seems to be a must for every android players are because it is able to bypass the android limitation and also able to do software MQA rendering and BitPerfect mode, it does not have any offline function unlike original stream application. A dedicated android DAP should already have that limitation bypassed, so you only need UAPP for an android phone, not for an android DAP.

Mar 25, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #1,310 of 2,742
the reason USB Audio Player Pro seems to be a must for every android players are because it is able to bypass the android limitation and also able to do software MQA rendering and BitPerfect mode, it does not have any offline function unlike original stream application. A dedicated android DAP should already have that limitation bypassed, so you only need UAPP for an android phone, not for an android DAP.

Owh if that's the case, I guess ZX707 Stock Software is kinda already more than enough. I guess I just let it remain as "Stock" as possible.

Mar 25, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #1,311 of 2,742

Thanks!
It's all snakeoil from people spending too much time not listening to music.

Just use the W.Music App or the streaming app of your choice and enjoy music, no additional app needed

Mar 25, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #1,312 of 2,742
It's all snakeoil from people spending too much time not listening to music.

Just use the W.Music App or the streaming app of your choice and enjoy music, no additional app needed
I second this opinion, I’ve been using the Walkman app for my flac music files and the Apple Music app for streaming and it’s been pretty sweet no issues at all.

Mar 25, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #1,314 of 2,742
Not necessarily. Neutron MP's EQ is second to none, also the 64 bit internal treatment does make an audible difference. YMMV.
Oh sorry. I'm one of those people who buy headphones that sound good, so I never had to use an EQ.

And if there is an audible difference, it means it is worsening the Audio. So I would definitely not use that app nor recommend it (if that really is true)

Mar 25, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #1,315 of 2,742
Oh sorry. I'm one of those people who buy headphones that sound good, so I never had to use an EQ.

And if there is an audible difference, it means it is worsening the Audio. So I would definitely not use that app nor recommend it (if that really is true)
Your condescendance notwithstanding, we all hear differently, that's one, so quite a few peeps EQ their hp or iems, even the best of them. Next, 64 bit treatment for EQ/DSP things in NMP does make a diff, even if you don't believe it.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #1,316 of 2,742
Your condescendance not withstanding, we all hear differently, that's one, so quite a few peeps EQ their hp or iems, even the best of them. Next, 64 bit treatment for EQ/DSP things in NMP does make a diff, even if you don't believe it.
Oh boy...

I did not say it doesn't make a difference, I just don't know it.

But if it makes an difference, it is worsening the quality and that is something you don't want.

It is impossible to improve lossless music with any kind of processing. You can only reproduce it as accurate as possible and that is what the W.Music App does by not touching the music at all. If you say your app makes an audible difference, that means it is modifying the music and so is not lossless.

Also we don't all hear different, that is a myth. There are minor differences but hearing tests attest, that most people hear exactly the same.

And even if it would be true, just assume every one hears completely different, If an headphone accurately reproduces an guitar, it sounds like an guitar. If an guitar sounds different to 10 people, it will sound different in the exact same way through an headphone and so, in the end, this headphone will sound the exact same for all people.

People in the head-fi often forget that the reality exists. References do exist. There are Instruments you can play and check "Hmmm, how do they sound". There are professional monitors that reproduce the sound as umodified as possible. There are also reference studio monitors that are measured by laser to ensure they sound absolutely flat.

So references do exist, and mixing/mastering engineers use these references to mix/master music. So everyone who heard anything in real life and does have a reference, knows how things are supposed to sound and can judge based on that, if an headphone sounds good or not.

This voodoo myth stuff "Everyone hears differenent and because of that, my completely off, wrong and broken sounding headphone i bought because i like the brand is really good" doesn't count for me. If an guitar sounds completely different than it should sound, the headphone is just not good unless it is supposed to sound exactly that way. But when it is supposed to sound that way, it would be nonsense to remove that feature by EQing it out. Because then you're forcing the headphone to do something it can't.

If that would be possible, everyone would just buy 20€ earphones and EQ them to sound good which is something i tried in the past and know that it doesn't work.

People don't use EQ because everyone hears different. People use EQ to make bad headphones sound good.

So it is an perfectly fine and acceptable statement to say "I don't need EQ because my Headphones sound good". You don't need nor want EQ with something that sounds good. You want EQ when something doesn't sound the way you want it to sound.

Mar 25, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #1,319 of 2,742
@Vamp898 da man.

"If that would be possible, everyone would just buy 20€ earphones and EQ them to sound good which is something i tried in the past and know that it doesn't work."
Doesn't work definitely. I've tried it too.

"People don't use EQ because everyone hears different. People use EQ to make bad headphones sound good.
So it is an perfectly fine and acceptable statement to say "I don't need EQ because my Headphones sound good". You don't need nor want EQ with something that sounds good. You want EQ when something doesn't sound the way you want it to sound."

The truth and nothing but the truth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back