SONY NW-ZX700
Nov 8, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #2,251 of 2,720
Does anyone know the right contact email for Walkman software? All of my UI issues with the player seem to be fixable in a patch, so if I could alert the dev team about these, they could fix them in an upcoming firmware.
I would suggest communicating directly with Sony Japan(rather than going through your country/regional support which is another layer of red tape). I think you might have to use translator tool to convert your message to Japanese language first:

https://www.sony.jp/support/walkman/inquiry/mail.html

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #2,253 of 2,720
Not sure if this will work for ZX707, this method worked for WM1-M2 to bypass google account check:
I was actually looking to use this method but for some reason (following another method found on Youtube) I've removed the microphone access in the talkback and now I can't enable it again. This is why I'm trying to reset the unit through the recovery.

Nov 9, 2023 at 2:17 AM Post #2,254 of 2,720
Many thanks. I've tried this but it wouldn't work. This method is for the zx507 and apparently the zx707 is 2 generations newer and have "all the security features".
Are you still able to access the walkman android settings?

If so, you can try enabling adb debugging mode in developer options.

Using this windows app with adb USB debugging mode should allow you to reboot the walkman into recovery mode via the UI console(reboot button in Tools tab).
https://adbappcontrol.com/en/

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #2,255 of 2,720
Are you still able to access the walkman android settings?

If so, you can try enabling adb debugging mode in developer options.

Using this windows app with adb USB debugging mode should allow you to reboot the walkman into recovery mode via the UI console(reboot button in Tools tab).
https://adbappcontrol.com/en/
I hoped to access the settings through the microphone in TalkBack - Youtube- Chrome- Website but the way it is right now I can't do much. Also the previous owner didn't activate USB debugging mode(I've checked by installing the adb app control).

Nov 9, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #2,256 of 2,720
I hoped to access the settings through the microphone in TalkBack - Youtube- Chrome- Website but the way it is right now I can't do much. Also the previous owner didn't activate USB debugging mode(I've checked by installing the adb app control).
You can activate usb debugging yourself if you can access settings:

Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > USB debugging.

https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/dev-options

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #2,260 of 2,720
Read an amount of comments in this thread. But finally, didn’t understand, is 707 a step up over 507 sound wise or the same level in different body? Is this upgrade worth it?
It’s a clear upgrade in sound quality comparing stock to stock player. The ZX707 is incredible after doing a bypass wiring mod.

Nov 10, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #2,261 of 2,720
707 sounds good with 5 ohm ath-iex1, no hiss.

20231110_095748.jpg

Nov 12, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #2,264 of 2,720
Zx707 is pretty new. Could it be that the store unit was not fully burned-in yet ? I have not heard the 1AM2 but I’ve heard from others who have it that the Zx707 is quite on par after the suggested 200 hours. Heck I compared it with my DX320 which is a beast and the Sony sounds pretty good to my ears !
Sometimes things are so subjective its hard to say. Currently deciding between the 707 and 1am2 now. I have the 507 and love it, just not the battery life. What amp did you use during your testing?

Nov 12, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #2,265 of 2,720
I haven't but I might. Usually, this requires root on Android.

Also, isn't it possible to have a denser UI and smaller font when browsing folders in the Walkman app? The font is too big (not easy to pick a song when the name is long for remixes) and it doesn't display enough songs on one screen at the time.

It’s a clear upgrade in sound quality comparing stock to stock player. The ZX707 is incredible after doing a bypass wiring mod.
What's that mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back