SONY NW-ZX500
Oct 31, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #482 of 8,639
It mentioned novembre 2 as release date. This probably not in usa area.

Oct 31, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #483 of 8,639
It mentioned novembre 2 as release date. This probably not in usa area.

So glad....finally I don’t have to spend my hard earn money since there is no words on a North American released date.

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #484 of 8,639
I'm hoping to have mine by mid/late November. I figure the player will get to the Japanese proxy Monday or Tuesday, and they'll ship the stuff to the USA either Thursday or Friday, so it will be another week or two after that before it gets to me.
edit: Proxy says that the player, screen protector, and case are at the warehouse. Looks like they shipped early? I guess it will be on the way to me on 11/6.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #487 of 8,639
So when is this player Out?

Nov 2, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #489 of 8,639
Just wondering if the Japan version will be able to change to English menu? Also any limitation or difference from International Version? Any advice will be appreciated as thinking of picking one up when my friend is in Tokyo next week. Thanks in advance.

Nov 3, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #490 of 8,639
Just wondering if the Japan version will be able to change to English menu? Also any limitation or difference from International Version? Any advice will be appreciated as thinking of picking one up when my friend is in Tokyo next week. Thanks in advance.

Yes, there will be drop down menus for you to select language of your preferences upon the setup. Got mine in Tokyo from the Ginza Sony Store. At the moment, they do not have any overseas model so you’ll have to buy the domestic version. That means no warranty from Sony.

Nov 3, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #492 of 8,639
Yes, there will be drop down menus for you to select language of your preferences upon the setup. Got mine in Tokyo from the Ginza Sony Store. At the moment, they do not have any overseas model so you’ll have to buy the domestic version. That means no warranty from Sony.

Dear doolittle27. Welcome to head fi forum and thank you for your info. I hope it will play MQA on Tidal and has google store for using UAPP app. Enjoy your ZX507!!!

Nov 3, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #493 of 8,639
Nice, awaiting to see if it really has a downsampling thing on android as earlier folks mentioned!

Nov 5, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #494 of 8,639
Picked up the player from the post this morning. English setting is in dropdown list as soon as you power on the player. As expected, Poweramp only uses the default driver, not its "experimental" hi-res driver. Still sounds good to me. :)

Would play around with it more, but Red Dead Redemption 2 dropped on PC this morning so, priorities. I'm letting it play music while it's charging to start the 200 hour recommended burn in the player has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back