SONY NW-ZX500
Dec 3, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #886 of 8,639
Is it possible to disable/uninstall Google Play ?

Actually lack of Google Play is a plus, because all apps can be installed from APKPure and it is easier than Google Play because no need to sign in with a google account. Google Play and its services (Gmail, Google Assistant etc.) cause random unnecessary notifications they occupy RAM& processor.

One of the main bonuses of the ZX-500 series is Google Play Store access. If you don't need/want to use it, you might as well go Fiio and save yourself the a few dollars.

Dec 3, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #889 of 8,639
My Beyerdynamic Amiron Home headphones arrived today and sadly the EU ZX-507 is not powerful enough to drive them. I have tried with balanced and non-balanced cables. I cannot wear in-ear phones so am quite limited, can anyone make a recommendation, is it worth me investing in a Sony amp as I will mainly be using this in one place. Thanks for any help.

Checked its specs, Amiron Home's sensitivity is102 db/mW so ZX507's balanced output should be able to produce up to 125 dB loudness. But the headphone's 250 ohms impedance is high so it may change the things. EU volume cap may also make things difficult.

And, have you tried the high gain ?

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #890 of 8,639
Checked its specs, Amiron Home's sensitivity is102 db/mW so ZX507's balanced output should be able to produce up to 125 dB loudness. But the headphone's 250 ohms impedance is high so it may change the things. EU volume cap may also make things difficult.
I had checked myself and thought that they would be alright, sadly not the case.

Dec 3, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #892 of 8,639
I would refrain from buying EU walkmans. What’s the point paying the money and get less of a player. At the asking price, it should be able to drive the HD800 (albeit not to its full potential). My WM1A & 1Z do a decent job driving them.

Dec 3, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #898 of 8,639
I have been offered a Sony TA-ZH1ES headphone amplifier at $1,000, while an expensive fix, it seems a good investment, does anyone have any idea why it is not a good move?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back