SONY NW-ZX500
Nov 30, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #796 of 8,639
20191130_185638.jpg
JPN version.

Dec 1, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #799 of 8,639
Question on transferring music files to ZX507 from a Mac, see if anyone here has the answer.

I read the online manual of ZX507 and it says when transferring music files to the ZX507 from a Mac, it needs Android File Transfer App to do that. Can we still do it with dragging the files through Finder (just like the ZX2) after initiate the USB connection?

Dec 1, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #801 of 8,639
Dec 1, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #802 of 8,639
Can it be rooted and remove the volume limit?
not that I know of, for the ZX2, there was a temporary fix, but to most people It hasn't worked.

Dec 1, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #803 of 8,639
I also find this with the Neutron MP, but the sound seems more analytical and less processed when using it.

I also have CloudPlayer Platinum which I will test later, I am just uploading 1Tb of music first. I also have a 1Tb sdxc card which works well, however I did notice a slowdown in operation with the card full of FLAC. I have not tried streaming (I have a good library organised in a way I can easily navigate), but playing FLAC files over LDAC to Sony headphones I was able to achieve just over 10 hours of use.

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #805 of 8,639
I am curious about the ZX500 & AFC pairing. Can you tell more ?

Well, I prefer a warmer sound generally? I'm almost treble-sensitive (if that's a thing) so in order to feel/hear the bass properly to me I end up having to turn the volume loud enough to where the treble hurts my ears. I bump up the lower frequencies when listening to the AFC to avoid that issue. Kind of avoid the issue anyway, one man's neutral headphone is another's bright headphone. I can't say I listen to the AFC much these days due to having other over ears that passively isolate better (DT770m) but when I do pull them on they sound great.

Using the high gain setting with volume at 61 or standard gain at 80 with +6 to +9.5 boost with the Sony EQ to various bass frequencies is plenty loud and enjoyable for me on the ZX507 through the balanced connection. I haven't tried the AFC via the 3.5mm jack but I doubt it'd be worth my effort in finding my XLR to 3.5mm adapter...

edit: for reference, my CFA Equinox IEMs are comfortably loud in a quiet environment at 32 volume with standard gain, and get turned up to maybe mid 40s when on the subway.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #806 of 8,639
Neutron MP has dithering which I think is why it sounds more natural. However I still think the stock walkman app trumps neutron. neutron is lacking in crispiness.

Now after my ZX507 has more burn in time(sibilance is getting lesser). I am prefering the Stock Walkman Music app over USB Audio Player Pro HiRes output. Reason is there's more musical details in the sony app. So far I have tried the following app on ZX507:

Fiio Player
Hiby Player
Onkyo Player
USB Audio Player Pro
Neturon Player

I still think Sony's Stock app sounds best because of it's excellent detail retrieval.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #807 of 8,639
Well, I prefer a warmer sound generally? I'm almost treble-sensitive (if that's a thing) so in order to feel/hear the bass properly to me I end up having to turn the volume loud enough to where the treble hurts my ears. I bump up the lower frequencies when listening to the AFC to avoid that issue. Kind of avoid the issue anyway, one man's neutral headphone is another's bright headphone. I can't say I listen to the AFC much these days due to having other over ears that passively isolate better (DT770m) but when I do pull them on they sound great.

Using the high gain setting with volume at 61 or standard gain at 80 with +6 to +9.5 boost with the Sony EQ to various bass frequencies is plenty loud and enjoyable for me on the ZX507 through the balanced connection. I haven't tried the AFC via the 3.5mm jack but I doubt it'd be worth my effort in finding my XLR to 3.5mm adapter...

Thanks. My worry is if the ZX507's balanced output can drive the AFC or not, so it can succesfully drive?

Dec 1, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #810 of 8,639
Neutron MP has dithering which I think is why it sounds more natural. However I still think the stock walkman app trumps neutron. neutron is lacking in crispiness.

Now after my ZX507 has more burn in time(sibilance is getting lesser). I am prefering the Stock Walkman Music app over USB Audio Player Pro HiRes output. Reason is there's more musical details in the sony app. So far I have tried the following app on ZX507:

Fiio Player
Hiby Player
Onkyo Player
USB Audio Player Pro
Neturon Player

I still think Sony's Stock app sounds best because of it's excellent detail retrieval.

And you get more battery life using it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back