SONY NW-ZX500
Jan 6, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #7,921 of 8,639
Don't use them in the wireless mode - only with the cable. Anyway, I am going to buy planar, electrostatic or ribbon headphones. Need to do a serious research.
I know what you mean. I always use the Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless wired. It is very good that you can also use the sound settings wired. Sennheiser thought along with that. Nevertheless, the Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless does not come close to the Sony MDR-1AM2 in terms of sound. Since it also does not support a balanced cable. Symmetrical only. And I can already hear a clear difference...

Jan 10, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #7,922 of 8,639
Has anybody noticed any significant SQ differences on the ZX507 between the major lossless/Hi Res streaming services (Qobuz, Tidal, Apple, Amazon) and/or the stock app playing lossless/Hi Res? Do Qobuz, Tidal, etc., bypass android resampling, or do you need UAPP for this?

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #7,923 of 8,639
how do my fellow Mac users manage their files?
i find using a micro-sd card dongle (usb-c macbook user) to be the most convenient. ive tried the sony/android file transfer app for mac but its crashes at times and in general its not as quick or easy to use as Finder.
is there any way to just plug in my walkman via usbc to my mac and transfer files using Finder? when the pop up on the WM asks if i want to charge the device or use file transfer, the device doesnt show up under finder.

any advice would be appreciated. im not familiar with android devices, this is my first one.

Jan 10, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #7,924 of 8,639
Has anybody noticed any significant SQ differences on the ZX507 between the major lossless/Hi Res streaming services (Qobuz, Tidal, Apple, Amazon) and/or the stock app playing lossless/Hi Res? Do Qobuz, Tidal, etc., bypass android resampling, or do you need UAPP for this?
Only UAPP and the stock Walkman app bypass android resampling unfortunately. Try UAPP, it sounds good.

Jan 10, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #7,925 of 8,639
Only UAPP and the stock Walkman app bypass android resampling unfortunately. Try UAPP, it sounds good.

It's a good thing that UAPP supports both Tidal and Qobuz, aka you can connect to these services and play songs directly from UAPP :)

Jan 10, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #7,928 of 8,639
how do my fellow Mac users manage their files?
i find using a micro-sd card dongle (usb-c macbook user) to be the most convenient. ive tried the sony/android file transfer app for mac but its crashes at times and in general its not as quick or easy to use as Finder.
is there any way to just plug in my walkman via usbc to my mac and transfer files using Finder? when the pop up on the WM asks if i want to charge the device or use file transfer, the device doesnt show up under finder.

any advice would be appreciated. im not familiar with android devices, this is my first one.
Others have asked this question before. Read page 504 in this very thread for some tips on alternate Mac applications to use and wifi transfer method.

Jan 10, 2022 at 8:30 PM Post #7,929 of 8,639
So, I was listening to music on the 4.4 mm output when the cable got pulled out. After
putting it back in, no sound was coming out. Even after turning the walkman off and on again.
The only thing that made it come back was to plug my iem through the 3.5 mm output (sound came out) and then again in the 4.4 mm.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Or my ZX507 might have some kind of defect

Jan 11, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #7,930 of 8,639
Finding UAPP very glitchy on the 507 playing library tracks (Flac Hi Res). I'm getting short breaks in play back, skips, and glitchy repetitions of a second or two. Stock app plays the same files just fine. Anybody else experience this? Any solutions? Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #7,932 of 8,639
got the exact same problem, and no solution yet ...
Seems to only be a problem for me if I have other apps open - say, for example, I'm comparing UAPP to the stock app. If only using UAPP with nothing else open, then the playback is clean. In terms of comparison, UAPP seems brighter, cleaner and more forward; stock app a bit warmer, fuller but a little recessed (e.g., backing guitars are further down in the mix). About 120 hours into burn in, so still some headroom for improvement all round. Won't do a proper test until I have 200 hours - which should be early next week. Then I'll know if it's a keeper.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #7,935 of 8,639
For me is UAPP the best player app. Use this on every daps. I love the equalizer settings...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back